Sunday, July 8, 2007

...the eventful life of a philosophy graduate...

    finally... a time to blog...

i can't these past few days, weeks, or months even... i saw my last blog entry and i believe it had something to do with a lesson learned in class...

here's a rundown of life since 4th yr philosophy:

1. after thesis bumming
2. pressured into managing an ice cream business
3. gambled on nba playoffs
4. felt ice cream business wasn't going to prosper, decided to go back bumming
5. got an offer to work as a manager for my uncle's candy factory in novaliches
6. declined, citing distance probs and possible job offers
7. felt the urge to work, sent resume, and within 3 days got hired in a call center
8. went to zambales to cap the summer
9. started work
10. got a new phone off a trade with my uncle
11. earned 1st paycheck
12. 2 days later lost everything on the paycheck

yep. call center. a job i swore i wouldn't attach my name to. but then again, i'm here... i turned down 2 jobs where i would be my own boss in favor of a job where every caller is supposed to be my boss. it seems degrading for someone to have graduated since call centers offer undergrads a chance in life. but then again, stepping into one, its harder than it seems. there seems to be more room to grow. maybe i'm just saying this to make myself feel better. but then again, i'm not alone with these sentiments. at least i'm earning.

summer source of income: nba odds.:p it won me some, but then lost me more. the longer i place bets, the more i lose. but then, it's all part of the game..:D occasionally, i do enjoy the game i love without fear of losing money... like the 1st game of ust. i lost my voice cheering our team on but 3ptrs just wouldn't go in. demmit. i felt a 3pt barrage coming up in the 4th but i didn't think it would be coming from the wrong team... aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

best hobby: sleep. yep. never changed.:p in my college days it was sleeping in class, now it's sleeping in training..:D

                : early morning drinking sessions: its weird. at only 6am i have a beer bottle on my hand. by 12noon, im wasted. by 2pm im hibernating, and i wake up in the middle of the night only to sleep again.

i hate mondays. it ruins my body clock. i should be sleeping now. but i've been on my bed for about 14hrs already and i can't get myself to sleep again...

8 comments:

  1. I wake up late. I turn on the pc, surf the net, play dota. If not, I turn on the Playstation, jolt my way in the game. If not i turn on the tv. After that I eat then I sleep again in the afternoon. Repeat that all over in the evening until early morning. Since we've graduated... up to now, for me, that's all that is to life (Meron pa ba na mas BUm pa sa akin? Ikaw nga me work na... )

    ReplyDelete
  2. nako, mananaba ka na niyan. anyway, gudluk sayo. kaya mo yan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. at may moments ka palang gnyan ha?hahahaha! go go go! anjan naman c potpot- to the rescue!haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha.. ano ba yan kuya! pero ako wala pang work s hnd kita pwd pagalitan.. hehe! tc. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm... still, can't wait to graduate. di ko na kaya ang stress. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. tigilan mo ko.ayusin mo partido. haha..:p enjoy school while its there..i never thought that id say that..:p

    ReplyDelete