Monday, June 10, 2013

...Choosing to Act, a Product of Boredom...




There I was, pressed to decide once and for all.

                                              

It is never an easy task. Too many factors have to be considered. With one decision, everything may be affected. It's easy to choose that which is staring right in front of me, that which I know would work. But then, taking a step back, and evaluating everything, there is a lot more good that may come out by planning my next steps. Moving away from the easy way out doesn't always mean I'm making my life difficult, it may just be a step towards higher goals, and bigger accomplishments.

Life, after all, is not complicated. There are problems we can and can't solve. We must choose to act on those that we can rather than create more problems with those that we can't. Decisions shouldn't be this hard, you just choose what is easy.

Yet still, usually choose to a risk. One can't know for certain that a risk will pay off, or if the easy way out is the ONLY way that's right. I've been burned before by choosing a different path than what was offered to me, but I never learn. I still take those god damn risks.

I realize that I can't be stuck where I am, and it is not impossible to move forward. Others have, and some have not even taken their first steps. In any case, those others who have moved on were probably lucky, but they did make a decision otherwise they wouldn't be where they are. 

And so I must, like everyone else before me, make a decision, to stop thinking and just go with what I think is right. Thinking too much usually keep us where we are. We forget action will keep us moving, not thinking. Choosing the easy way or the more complicated one will affect everything anyway. Choosing is a decision. One just has to learn to live with the consequences of that decision.

Finally, I act. None of that safe shit that keeps flashing on my screen. I chose to take a risk. I take the red candy to drop the two blue candies and set myself up for that super circle. Thankfully, as soon as it breaks, my risk pays off, as the yellow candies on top of it form a striped candy. With just two moves left, and three more jellies to break, my circle and striped candy transform all the yellow candies to striped ones.

With one move left, the fish come out, and I have beaten Level 65. 

                                                 


Who says you can't learn anything from Candy Crush? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment