Monday, March 24, 2008

...on smashing stuff, admu-dlsu "magkasangga" game, and tita cory...

vaction was filled with fun and drama. good thing che and i got to watch step up before the vacation, we didn't get the chance to meet again... mar19, wednesday, was my dad's birthday... nothing big, just the bellies of his officemates... his officemates cooked for him, him saying he'd rather give to my uncle what he could spend to host a big party... his workforce wouldn't let his birthday pass without a bash, though, so they decided to bring everything to our place... and we cousins decided to just play tong its till the sun shines. literally. we went up after the newspaper was delivered. at one point, since we were waiting for the money game, we let my brother play. and since he didn't have money, we decided to play strip tong-it... the guy who loses the most takes off one article of clothing... if one of us gets a tong-it, then both the opponents strip off too. if one wins, he gets to have one article back.. it was fun, and we let my brother take off his shirt, slippers, glasses, and necklace.. we didn't have the heart to let him strip bare with the cold weather... funniest thing about it is that i learned that he was sickly thin. i could see his heart beating from across the table...

so next day, we walked from makro cainta to antipolo church... my uncle jun-look-alike uncle was with us... i got blisters on my feet because of a stupid decision of wearing my slippers.. highlight of the night: while walking near the sidewalks, one bystander sitting on the back of a tricycle became wide-eyed and shouted "uy, si jun lozada o!" then everyone had that stare.. good thing it was dark, people didn't believe him... so we were able to avoid commotion (unlike twice in makati when everyone was flocking him and taking pictures with him, salamat peter mara)... so after that, we stayed up till morning again playing tong its with beer on the other hand...

next day, i stayed over my aunt's house a few streets away from our house with my cousins... we stayed up until about 1am, we were all actually sleepy...

the next day, my uncle and cousin still can't walk because of our antipolo march... but we stayed together at an aunt's house for some barbeque... my other cousins also dropped by, and we were having fun... now comes the drama part... mom calls, asking if i was going home, i said yes. that started the downfall of my game... then calls again, telling me to go home, and this time, having no money, i said sure, i'll be leaving. upon arriving home, she rants. i'm sleepy. i'm intoxicated. i just look at her. then i tell her "pde na ko matulog?" then she says "hinde, magsalita ka" so i start talking. then she says "tumigil ka na, lasing ka na." which irritates me even more because she doesn't want to listen. i've got too much damn pride in me that i don't want to just let it pass without her hearing my piece... when she gave me the chance to speak, i took it, but when she took it away, i snapped. she declared: "kung di mo na kailangan ng nanay, sabihin mo lang". to which i replied: "so kelangnan mo pa ba ko dito?" then she repeated her statement. my first reaction was, ok so, maybe it would be better if i just leave, without you having the burden of worrying about me anymore... anyway, she did say before that families live off half of my salary, so i figured, heck, why not try my luck? i sorted out my clothes didn't take a bag, took everything outside, and laid down on the garage. my mother was still shouting, so i smashed my bag where my phone was, and smashed my psp which i was holding by my other hand. just for her to stop and see that i am dead serious that i want her to listen and stop talking. she didn't. my dad dragged her upstairs.. when the coast was clear, i took everything and went back to my aunt's house to sleep there. i opened my phone to find out the lcd was broken. i frantically reached for my psp to see how it was, and upon seeing that the lcd wasn't smashed, it was all good to me... i slept.

the next day, cousins were just mocking our scene (we don't really treat matters seriously. i understand that we're all too emotional that we always make serious matters a laughing matter, because that's where we're good at, laughing and having a good time... hey, even uncle jun's fate didn't escape these jokes...) and we were just going along with our day. i called che, telling her i might take my bike and ride it all the way to their place, but the scorching sun didn't let me go... my mom kept calling, so i decided to just go home and have that talk. we had a long talk, and as parents do all the time, they're going to go on saying the same things over and over like endlessly unless you speak up. to cut things short, we somehow patched things up. che was mad. i wasn't able to call or text her. i didn't have means... i could've called over the phone, but i wasn't able to... so she got really worried especially when it rained at their place... it was my bad, but thinking about it, God's really cool. he made it scorching hot so that i can't go, then made it rain at che's place so that i wouldn't regret not riding my bike all the way there... having made me stay, my mom and i were able to talk, and the rest is history...

***********

we originally planned to have an ateneo-la salle game for the benefit of the sanctuary fund (which i must make clear that it is not for my uncle alone. my uncle actually doesn't benefit much from that fund, as it is for "legal expenses" which he doesn't need, as his lawyers defending him are working for free. stuff he and his family eat are from monetary donations from other concerned individuals. his expenses for trips are from those who invite him.) scheduled for march 2. everyone was game. then araneta backed out because of the freakin game 7 of the pba finals. it was set for the 16th. everything was fine until alumni pressure clamped down on mr. palou, our contact in ateneo... they asked that it be moved to the 29th... and "incidentally" march 23rd was a game scheduled for ateneo and la salle for the benefit of the pba trust fund...

i don't know now if our game would push through, but as for me, i won't sell tickets anymore... nakakahiya na sa mga sinabihan ko. papalit palit na lang ng dates. para akong nanggagago.. besides, with my phone smashed, i lost all my numbers...

heard that they already announced it to go on the 29th. but we also heard that as a matter of fact, ateneo has pulled out. yet, word out in ateneo is that la salle pulled out. confused? me too. but should there be anyone pulling out, why would it be la salle when in the first place, it was ateneo who was begging for the reschedule despite printed tickets...

on another note, the march 23 game ended in a draw, tied at 90 at the end of regulation. labo.

*************************************

i haven't seen uncle jun for a while. last time i think was when his son somewhat celebrated his graduation... then news breaks out that tita cory has colon cancer... its really a tough loss... she was our moral leader... she was there to keep uncle jun fighting... you could see age taking toll on her, but that never stopped her from staying at my uncle's side... but, yes, i think i'd side with kris aquino when she said that God wouldn't let anything happen without a purpose... i hope she stays well though, and i hope she focuses more on her health in the future... it's always good to have her there with uncle jun, but i think she's done more than she can for him...

No comments:

Post a Comment