Saturday, February 28, 2009

...mom-sis issues, driving instinct, testosterone overload, etc.....

So i decided to give up stuff as sacrifice for the Lord. It's a sacrifice for the Lenten season. Giving up eating is not enough, it seems, as it helps me from bulging up my belly even more. Ok, so I wasn't able to give up meat last Friday, as I felt so weak after the whole day, and it would probably kill me if I didn't get proteins into my system before drinking.

Still, at least I've kept my abstinence intact, as I am on day 5/40.

===========================================================

Profile Pic

Changed my profile pic. I have a headshot-worth pic on Pat Damaso's phone, but I have yet to recieve it. Hence, I settle for awesomeness.:p

===========================================================

Stuff You Shouldn't Worry About

Ma: Hindi nyo ba kakausapin si ate? Wala ba si ate sa YM?
Me: (online) Huh? Wala po.
Ma: Hanapin mo. Sa Skype ba wala? Online ba xa?
Me: Wala nga.
Ma: Bakit ayaw ninyo kausapin si ate?
Me: Huh? Eh wala naman xa eh.
Ma: Ung computer kasi dito sa taas sira eh. Job, subukan mo nga ayusin para makapagSkype.
Job: Wala naman po video card eh.
Ma: Ndi ba gagana kung walang video card?
Me: Wala. Kasi dun nakakabit ung monitor
Ma: Kayo talaga, nasa malayong lugar na nga si ate, wala pa sa inyong kumakausap.

Babasahin mo naman to 'te. Let it be known right now that it is kinda sad that you're not here, but at some point in our lives, we'd be living on our own right? So this is a matter of moving on. We can talk, we do talk if there are stuff to talk about, and that's the way it are. If there are stuff happening around us, we go there and not bury ourselves into waiting for someone to go online. Hence if you're not busy, and is homesick, you're probably online. If not, then you're probably out doing stuff. So I don't worry about you. You're a big girl (and when I say big, I'm not talking bout tall.. haha), and you know what you're doing.

Ma, on the other hand, worry too much about stuff she doesn't need to be worrying about. And she's frustrated that everybody's not as anxious as her with regards to these issues.

I love her. But there are times that I don't know what she wants.

Kagabi, sabi nya "puro kamalasan" yung araw nya. Nasiraan kasi ng LRT. Nun tanghali, sabi nya mei babae daw umupo sa inuupuan nila, tapos order daw ng order. Maya-maya lang, dumating un asawa nun babae, kapatid pala ni lola. Pansit lang kinain ni mama ah. Eh eto ngang si Papa Boy, umorder para sa kanila at umorder pa ng take out. Mauuna aalis sila mama, tapos nung magpapaalam na siya, sabi ni Papa Boy, "wag mo na bayaran, ako na bahala dito. Waiter, un kinain nila, sa kin mo na i-charge". Kasi naman pala, kilala na sila dun, kasi madalas daw sila dun kumain. So naisip ko, panu naman kaya naging kamalasan ito?

Yun naman pala. Ang makulit kong nanay, pumunta pa sa counter at binayaran ang pagkain. 1.3K lang naman. Yun naging halaga ng pansit nya. Halaga na ndi naman dapat na inaalala pa nya, pero pilit nyang ginawa nyang problema. Hay.

May mga problema kasi na nandyan na sa harap natin, at yun ang mga problemang dapat harapin natin. Ito'y problemang naidulot sa iyo, o posibleng idinulot mo. Hindi mo kailangang ipasa sa iba ang problema. Pero mei mga problemang ndi mo naman talaga problema, wag mo nang kalabitin yun problema at magpapansin pa dito.

===========================================================

Testosterone Overload

Che's out to Baguio for an event, and I'm left with nothing on a Friday. Just as I was thinking about it, Imon texts me to say him and Benjo are going to meet at Piging. I considered that, but looked for options. I called Sop, but she had to be somewhere. I was chatting with Issa, but she was ultimately undecided (Man. That was the most indesiciveness[spellcheck] I've experienced this year.) on going or not. Eventually, because of the flow of traffic, I decided to just go on with the on-off-on again Imon-Benjo drinking session @ Timog. That's why I ate meat. Demmit. Kaya nga ayoko uminom eh. Gastos pa.

Pero ok lang. Masaya naman. The three of us eventually got more company in the person of Jonathan, Marella, and Carine (tama ba spelling? di ko xa makita sa facebook.). Jerez was unexpectedly sitting a couple of tables back, with the guy who he says Ged is no match for in DoTA. I'd love to get to play with him. Or watch him play. Di na ko marunong eh.

Anyway, that was Friday night. Last night was another Che-less day, and I spent it getting my teeth done (pasta on 3 of them), and drinking with uncles. Again, it was fun, I lost Tong-its, but I won Lucky9 at the end of the night.

I realized that as much fun as I had, there seemed to be something missing. I guess too much testosterone going around the air isn't as fun as having some estrogen around the area. Bro Code Articles 56 and 71 speak of this chick-bro ratio.

Broetry Corner
One Bro makes a solo attack,
A second Bro provides a crutch,
A third Bro rounds out the pack,
But a fourth Bro is one too much.

So I see why I enjoyed Friday (4:2, or 2:1) better than Saturday (5:0).

===========================================================

Growing Driver

Back in 2nd year college, I crashed our car in Ortigas. I fell asleep on the wheel. It was Che's dubut, and she was with me. Thank God we incurred no serious injuries, but it took about 4 months before I was behind the wheel again. It was a matter of ego, and people's trust.

Anyway, I feel now that I've grown as a driver. If I feel sleepy, I stop and close my eyes a bit.Or I open the windows.

But last Friday was a first for me, in the sense that it was the first time I felt even my unconscious is taking care of the car.

I was wasted. And sleepy. It was a tiring day, but I can go home. I knew I still could. My mp3 was playing in the background, and I was singing songs while drving with my window down. Then my last memory was that of me turning left to go inside our village. The next thing I know, I'm gently stepping on the brakes because I saw a truck blocking my way.

Sabi ko sa sarili ko "tanginang truck to ah. Gabing gabi na meron pa rin".. Before I could honk my horn irritatingly loud, I realized the place was familiar.

It was our house. That was our truck. And it's always been parked on the road. Deym.

Still, my foot stepped on the brakes. My Guardian Angel has got his work cut out for him.

===========================================================

Fantasy League

It's getting harder and harder to catch up with Kali in the NBA and I can't get over the fact that I have Dennis Espino and Ryan Reyes in a lineup and they're going to be sitting it out for the Realtors. Freakin Ryan Reyes also got injured this early last season, which is why I dropped him immediately. Badtrip pa rin. Good thing I went with Yeo on my other team.

===========================================================

Possible Opening

One of our account managers, Ms Cindy, who's always been the person who loaded me with work, is moving to Shanghai. It was a promotion within the company, I think. So I guess they probably need another person? Or there's a chunk of money in the payroll that's waiting to be spent on someone. I hope that someone is me.

Well, naturally, I first hope the chunk of money is there..

Amusingly, Sir Johnatt, who sits around the same area (imagine dividing a bond paper into 4. Top left is Ms Cindy, top right is Sir Johnatt, bottom left is scanner, bottom right is me) told me that he's going to move to Ms Cindy's place. Of course i thought that was weird,especially because it's an almost pointless move. Then he told me that our boss didn't want that to happen, which again, I found odd. Then he explained, "mei 'curse' kasi si Ms Tess dyan. Lahat daw ng nakapwesto dyan, umalis"...

Then I stopped, found a great idea and smiled.

"Uunahan mo ko no?" was Sir Johnatt's candid comment.

14 comments:

  1. ah.. eh.. wla akong problema... hehe..
    wala naman akong sinasabing kahit ano...
    tinanung lang nya kung ngkakausap tyo nila job sbe ko minsan lang, di naman kelangan lage.. haller... la naman pag usapan..

    anyway, madalas naman ako online sa work..

    hehe..
    yaan mo na.. di ka pa nasanay kei ma..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natatakot akong sumakay sa sasakyan mo kahit consistent ang guardian angel mo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hirap kaya... andami episode nito eh. palibhasa wala ka dito.:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. but still, you know you'd ride my car pag mei lakad. madalas akong present na mei kotse eh.:p haha..

    ReplyDelete
  5. onga - death or gimik, easy choice =P

    glad you're still alive, dude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wahaha sorry naman, was bent on saving some moolah (which i spent naman nung sabado, tsk!) you should've mentioned "libre" a little sooner so that i would've come to a decision. darn tall hot guy got on a shuttle before i did, and i was left with old people. old people! on a Friday! damn. :p

    still made amends naman for it nung Sat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. tama sabi mo pare. hirap mahabol ni kali sa NBA fantasy.. burat un Manila Snatchers ko.. talunan. ahahah un iba kong team sa ibang league mas magaling pa. :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. 8pm going home on a friday. even the hot guy wouldn't do you justice.:p

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha.. still.. doesn't matter if ndi naman namin makita.:p haha...

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think sobra lang sa coffee si Tita... lol, voltaire, it's your turn na kalmahin si Tita... hmmn, kya lng hyper ka rin e :)

    tsk, tsk... dude, hinay-hinay sa pagddrive, alam ko yng nkakatulog feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my turn?! it's always been my shift!:p haha... tanung mo si ate.:p mas close sila ni ma ngaung malayo na xa eh. haha..:)

    sa pagdrive... er... haha...:p

    ReplyDelete
  12. lam mo naman astig si ma..

    parang araw araw gusto nya gawing mala tele-serye ang buhay nya (o natin)

    ReplyDelete