Wednesday, February 25, 2009

...shopping, abstinence, jologs in a theatre, and fantasizing...

Feeling ko andami ko na dapat isulat. Pero sa ngayon di pa pumapasok sa isip ko lahat. Sa tagal kong ndi nagbblog, feeling ko marami pa... Pero sa natatandaan ko eto na muna.

Women and Shopping

Seriously, how many shoes does a girl need?

I have a couple of pairs of shoes, one for formal occassions, another for casual attires. I don't even have playing shoes. Both of my shoes cost me less than 1k each. And yes. They are both crappy. I'm thinking of buying a casual cross-training shoes for the rugged walks and at the same time I could have shoes to use when there's a surprise invite to play ball.

But Che? She has like 3 pairs of shoes that she bought while I was with her, and a couple dozen more when I'm not with her (a dozen is exaggerating, but you get the point), yet still, when we go out, she always wants to stop by a shoe store.

How much clothes do women need?

I have about 7 polos (2 of which mine, the others hand-me downs from my dad) which I could use for work, 3 long sleeved shirts (which i use on 3 days of the week if it's super cold and my jacket's in the office), and about 6 collared shirts to my name which I don't normally use. I have a pair of pants which are sometimes used by my bro (well, it might be the other way around), and I change pants every 3 days I think.

Che, on the other hand, buys clothes everywhere: from ukay to multiply. I don't even know how it fits her closets. Her defense is that she's not the only one using the clothes she buy.

While that is true, Che's not the only one with a shopping problem. Heck, there's a book and a movie about it.:p and I'm sure 3/4 of the population of the working female (read: who earn their own money) will be guilty of shopping too much. Grabe kayo.:p haha...

Prioritize needs. Women seem to create needs out of wants. Example: girl buys dress for office. it's too bare, so she decides she needs a bangle or something. Then it would seem that the shoes she's wearing or any of the 15 pairs of shoes in her closet for that matter doesn't look right for this dress, so she NEEDS to buy shoes for it. And when all is said and done, the hair does not sit well with the whole get-up.

Needs out of wants.:p Love you beh.

Cheesy Film + Inday's Crew = Disastrous

Watched "You Changed My Life". It was fun.:) Ang daming cheesy lines na magagamit pag tumawag ka sa Brewrats ng mga bandang 10:30.

It's a sequel to their first movie that I can't remember the title of as of this moment (ang dami kasing old songs ang title, kun ano ano nagpplay sa utak ko). The cool thing about it is that they went on with the happy ending of the first movie, and didn't present a conflict right at the beginning. I don't want to spoil stuff for those who plan on watching, so I'll rant about something else.

Ang swerte namin pumili ng pwesto. Nun unang movie, mga die hard John Lloyd fans eh nagtitilian at nakakairita na. Ngayon, naisip ko, siguro ok lang sa Market!Market! kasi weekday naman, tagal pa off ni inday. Pero un amo ni inday na mas jologs pa kei inday, eh nagsama ng tropa. At akalain mong sa laki ng sinehan, naisipan pang sa mei pwesto namin maupo. ndi man lang sa kabilang side.

(uber drama scene in the background)

Person1: Ang galing umiyak ni JL no?

Person 2: Oo nga eh, parang si Aga lang noon..

Person 3: Siya naman ata ung next Aga no?

Person 4: Ay oo nga..

(cheesy away scene in the background)

Person 1: eh bakit kasi ganyan ginawa nya?

Person 2: oo nga eh.

Person 3: sabihin mo mahal mo pa!!

Person 4: akin na lang kaya xa?

(seemingly inspirational scene in the background)

Person1: eh mahal pa nya eh..

Person2: oo nga eh.

Person3: dapat kasi ndi na nya iniwan..

Person4: eh kasi nga iba un gusto nya sa buhay..

 

I say the movie is in the background because as loud as they were talking, you'd think THEY were the movie. There were 6 of them. But since they can't all be on one line, 2 of them sat beside us. But that never bothered me in blurting loudly "buti na lang ndi maingay sa pwesto natin no?!"

Still. It didn't make it all better. So word of advice: watch it at Rockwell. Or wherever it is that looks too classy for inday. No, Glorietta on a weekend is no longer "sosyal". 171 lang reserved seats sa Rockwell. Mei Jolibee pa sa baba. At Breadtalk (mmm..Floss...:p). At ndi gano mahal sa Burgoo. Mei makakainan ka, ndi masama ang presyo ng sine, wala pang inday.

Lenten Abstinence

We all need to sacrifice something for this lenten season. Food is always good, as the priest said yesterday, you sacrfice eating because you are giving up something you need.

But then again, not eating actually works for me, since we have "biggest loser" challenge on... So it's not actually sacrifice. I figured, I'd give up something else.

And after all my sins and habits recalled, I have decided to hold back on the ultimate answer to the ultimate question.

Yes, Kuya Ags, sana next time na matanong ako nito sa Easter, ang sagot ko eh "Ndi pa, nun monday bago mag-Ash Wednesday". Even "Bro" will be proud if I pull this off.

Fantasizing...

Nope, not what you think.:p

NBA and PBA Fantasy is now up. I'm not betting anymore, but this is the closest fun I can get on knowing and reading on basketball stuff. It's gratifying, probably not monetary-wise, but at least I get to feed the fan in me.:)

We have a pbfantasy league going, text/PM me if you'd like to join. We cooked up a prize system depending on how many will join our league.

14 comments:

  1. Re: Shopping.

    I don't know how women do it.

    For a friend's prom-themed birthday party, I realized I didn't have anything formal at all to wear (not even shoes). So, shopping I went and damn it! That was an experience I'd rather not do over again.

    I can shop for books and comics and possibly toys, but clothes? I didn't even know where to begin, but them femmes got it down pat. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many shoes does a girl need? - do you want an "imeldific" answer?

    anyway, creating 'needs' out of 'wants' is not a gender-based phenomenon. it is universal. it's just that when it comes to shopping, we dominate. you guys have your own turf - cars, gadgets, world wars, etc. :)

    besides, the world will look dull if all of men's girlfriends will wear the same things over and over yuck

    ReplyDelete
  3. lenten abstinence - di ka maliligo no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, we do. but c'mon. we LOOK at stuff. we don't buy cars every week.:P haha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. err... kasi mahal? hello with one car we can buy shoes for a lifetime. or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes. a lifetime is not enough to buy enough shoes for you. women. hahha...:p

    ReplyDelete
  7. paamoy ko pa seio kili-kili ko eh.:p haha..

    ReplyDelete
  8. you sexist. tsk. at least with shopping, I get to dress nicely. and every girl who shops and dresses nicely is doing the world a favor. nababawasan ang eye-sore sa mundo, and people would realize that indeed, there are still good things in this world--"hot" women being one of those. :)

    nung nanood kami yesterday, we were the rowdy ones kasi buong office eh. :p and Lloydie was sooooo...haaay. :) hahaha plus the lines are damn benta! I so love Manag Vida. wahaha gusto ko nga ulit panuorin eh, without the distractions. :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yessss!!!! di ako ngiisa... many times i look sa shoes ni puch i ask her, bago ba yan? her reply: indi ah, dati pa to. then i say, sure ka? bt parang ngaun ko lang nkita?... then wala na...

    pero i have my share of shopping din nmn but not like hers... pag pumsok kmi sa isang shop na my pang boys at ladies, we go our separate ways tos kita nlang after some minutes which most likel mppressure cia pag lalapitan ko na in a few seconds. tapos lalabas n kmi. hehhe

    actually ni-scan ko lang tong blog mo tos nkita ko ung pangalan ko,,, um, the answer to the ultimate question... hahaha! there ar alot of distractions in this world... but then again... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. re: jologs

    haha... apektado talaga sila.

    yai na natin... gaya lang yan ng pagkaapekto natin sa friendship ni aristotle at plato, alchibiades at socrates, sartre at beauvoir, florentino ariza at fermina daza...

    ReplyDelete
  11. you...lost me there...=p still. nakakainis sila. ndi ko naman tinilian sila aristotle ah.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wahahahaha.. wala na talaga akong masasabi.. :))

    i PM ko na lang sayo

    ReplyDelete
  13. try din natin silang tilian or at least talk about them with great enthusiasm.. then let's hope that their noses bleed to death!!! hahaha...

    p.s.

    fermina daza and florentino ariza = star-crossed lovers of gabriel garcia marquez's LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha... ambiguous ang response ko....

    rephrase: then let's hope that the JOLOGS' noses will bleed to death...

    ReplyDelete