Thursday, October 2, 2008

...a special date, end of contract, getting old...

Treating a Special Someone

Ever thought about other people? I mean, after a while of being with someone, and trying to distract yourself with a bunch of other people, you forget special people whom you value most before everyone else...

I had that thought earlier... Hence, I invited the third most important person in my life (che and my mom share the top spot, with neither of them being one over the other, it just depends on the circumstance) out for pizza earlier: me.

Yes, me. I thought I have been missing out on myself lately, and I don't really eat anything above 100pesos if I eat alone... I never treated myself out before, and I've always wanted to buy myself a whole pizza... And then I just thought, why not buy something for myself, right? So I went down to the SM Megamall foodcourt and I got myself a double-sized Orignal Thin Crust Shawarma Pizza... It wasn't Shakey's good (I originally wanted a whole Manager's Choice pizza), nor was it Sbarro good, but it tasted really good, considering it was a treat for myself... I felt special, being pampered... Me and my PSP enjoyed the whole pizza and large Coke... Yes, my trusty PSP has all those oil around the analog button, so I'd say it had it's share of the pizza...

=======================================================

Leaving Work

My boss pulled me aside the other day, asking what I wanted to do after my contract ends on October 31. This is the picture:

Right now, I'm working as the "marketing person" in the office. Initially told it was a postition for "marketing assistant", they now refer to me as the "marketing person". I help them out with their presentations to various clients (the aesthetic side of it, not much on the technical stuff), basic computer troubleshooting when IT's too busy with their own worlds, buying stuff when someone from the other branches of this multi-national company are asking for them, giving insights when asked about some stuff they formulated, and a bunch of other stuff that might be needed to be done urgently. I'm really a fast worker compared to their pace, so the job's relatively easy. I get to slack off if there's nothing urgent needed to be done... If there is something needed to be done, multitasking is key, because everyone needs their stuff done ASAP...

My bosses and the account executives in the office all like me and how I do my work. Even the IT person likes the fact that I'm into computers and tech stuff... Hence, boss wants to renew my contract to a longer length... But here's the situation:

I can't be regularized. I need to be employed by a third-party throughout my stay in the company. Why? Because the marketing division for the Philippines was cut, and the marketing needs of the Philippines will be handled by Singapore, where the head office of Asia Pacific is. Now, the fragrance department of the Philippines need someone to be in the office, while flavors team can live without me. As it seems, I'm actually expendable, but my being there makes their lives so much easier. Hence, they need me, or  someone like me. But I can't be directly hired because the region says so.

Now, it sounds good and all (long-term contract extension, people liking me = job security), but, I remain to be a contract guy, with no promise of a better future within the company. I would love to have job security, but that kind, I'm not sure if you can call it "secured"... Direct-hire's the way to go. And for that, I will want to leave the company unless a promise of a better future arises.

=======================================================

Post-game Status


My body still hurts like hell.... I can't walk straight... Pag naglalakad ako, para akong tinira sa pwet ng bulas na egoy...

I have to play more often...

=======================================================

Life and Unexpected Turns

Life's too short. You've got to enjoy it every once in a while. You'll never know when death decides to take you away... You can't be too old nor can you be too young... You have to know how you want to live your life and why you want to live your life...

Vague as it may be, I want to love and be loved... I want to be rich, sure, just so I can enjoy its perks, but what's more important is dreaming of a future together with someone... I never really thought of a solid occupation/profession to take to build my future around, but I know I want a family...

At least, as far as direction is concerned, I'm moving toward somewhere...

Funny how they say that "good men die young"... When "Kabise" died, his last breath was spent on telling his wife "hug hug naman tayo"... His kids say he was never really a cheesy guy, so they couldn't believe it actually happened... On a separate note, people tend to notice that those who died did something they didn't normally do right before they died... It's either they said "I love you" to their parents or kids, clean up their room, basta, something out of the ordinary...

So, I think I'll constantly be sweet to anyone I know who I am normally "sweet" or "thoughtful" to, or constantly be an asshole to those who know me as one (sorry xtian. tuloy ang pagdudurog ko seio) just so I'm not doing something out of the ordinary...

=========================================================

Making a Pact to Myself

I want to save up, but I just can't... I know it takes discipline and all that crap but, I just can't manage to do it. And add to the fact that I'm gassing up using my mom's credit card (through an extension), I think I'm spending more than what I'm earning. Not to mention my dentist fees for the past couple of months amounted to about 5k, all paid for by my mom... And my monthly cellphone bill that always go above my credit limit paid for by her too...

Now, I can't take crap everytime money issues come about... My mom's always telling me off, so, I have to be more independent from her... For this reason, I have decided not to spend more than what I have... That means, less car drives (because I'll be spending for my own gas), less dinners out, less "happy-happy" time, and taking responsibility for phone bills...

Now, I have a Sun line... It's a 600/month plan, 350 of which is automatically deducted as fee for unlimited calls and texts for the month... However, I don't get to use it that much, as I don't have too many friends who use their Sun lines... Even Che doesn't bother to load up, her having a company phone and all...

So now, after about 4-5 years of having the same number (I know it's at least 4. I get a new phone every 2 years courtesy of Sun), I'm contemplating of letting it go in favor of a Smart line and a Globe prepaid for all the freakin Globe users who make up 3/4 of my friends... Actually, I'd rather have a Globe line, but my dad would never talk to me ever again... Not that that's gonna be a new experience, it's just that I do understand and respect his notion of "giving back to the company that provided for us most, if not all, of our lives"... Hence, I'd rather have Smart bills coming in rather than Globe ones...

I already got a sim card donor for my Globe prepaid...

(Ironically, I post this seemingly life-turning topic right after I say that those who "do something out of the ordinary die early"... Er.... Hopefully, this works out for me... After all, I do have 2 live left...)

45 comments:

  1. pam, ayan pala un reason kun bakit na ko lilipat. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tama. masarap kaya i-spoil ang sarili. haha ako, bili ng bili ng damit. saya. yan tuloy, la pera. ;p wahaha goodluck sa jobhunt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. o, nakauwi ka na? nakabili ka damit? haha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup! bahay na knina pa. hehe di ako bumili ng damit yay!!!

    --necklace lang. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. women and spending on clothing and fashion... tsk... buti na lang wala ka boypren... kundi nakakalbo na rin un... libro, damit, kape... wahahahaha....

    buti kun si "alandy" boypren mo.=P

    ReplyDelete
  6. mabuti ba yun?! wahaha chos. pait panlasa ko bigla ampf.;p wahaha alandy!!! whata name tlga ampf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. un nakakalbo na boypren o un wlang boypren? hehe... oo mabuti un... mag-aaway lang kayo...

    pota. tatae nga muna ko. ndi ka na lang nag-online sa YM naging chatroom tuloy comments ko.

    ReplyDelete
  8. uhm, both?! hehe anyway tulog na rin ako maya-maya eh kaya di na ko magYM. so go, jebs galore.;p

    ReplyDelete
  9. try mu rn jobsdb o jobmarket.. tpos ung jobmarket dn ng inquirer pag linggo...pti mag walk in sa mga pde i-walk in.. mhrap matengga sa bhay after ng oct31.. hehe.. bka mlaking sermon ang mag aabang syo sa bhay..

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Marketing Person" ka pala????


    Tatanungin ko lang sana kung mgkano na presyo ng baboy at manok sa market?!

    Alam mo ba?

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad to know you're doing something for yourself naman... good luck with the job thing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. peter, meron ba talagang nakakaget ng humor mo? gusto ko idelete un comment mo kasi para kang skwater sa alabang, kaso di ko naman naging ugali kahit kelan ang magdelete ng comment ng iba eh... dahil jan, hahayaan ko na lang xang anjan, bilang isang constant reminder sa mga taong nakakabasa ng blog ko na wala silang maaasahang matinong comment pag nakita nila ang username mo...

    ReplyDelete
  13. peter, meron ba talagang nakakaget ng humor mo? gusto ko idelete un comment mo kasi para kang skwater sa alabang, kaso di ko naman naging ugali kahit kelan ang magdelete ng comment ng iba eh... dahil jan, hahayaan ko na lang xang anjan, bilang isang constant reminder sa mga taong nakakabasa ng blog ko na wala silang maaasahang matinong comment pag nakita nila ang username mo...

    ReplyDelete
  14. peter pota ano na naman tong joke na to? tsktsk labo pards

    ReplyDelete
  15. And my be-ing was shattered into an endless tremble
    For the Perfect and Good Being spake
    There he imposed over me the state of senselessness
    Where I linger to nowhere but here.

    And Peter sat under the tree,
    Filled with the curse of nonsense by the Perfect Being.
    Enveloped by serenity and emptiness,
    There he behaved like Buddha, and SMILED.

    sensible enough huh?!

    sana ma-gets mo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. tanginang to. maghanap ka nga ng kausap. teacher ka pa man din. ikaw ba gets mo mga hirit seio? labo mo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. kaya nag drop si denise tan dyan. hahaha. :)

    joke lang mara :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. PRRRRTTT.
    ang tatanda niyo na para maapektuhan ng asaran ng isa't-isa ha.
    fwede ba?

    * gintong aral: kung ayaw maasar, wag mang-asar. and vice versa. :)

    p.s. (at eto talaga ang pakay ng post ko, hehe) - i so love the idea of putting coffee and doughnuts together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. si peter po kasi... labo... naghahanap away... teacher pa naman...(parang batang namamaktol..waahaha)

    actually, di ko pa nasusubukan... yan lang kasi nakita ko theme na mei donut...=P panu ba, dip sa kape?=P

    ReplyDelete
  20. twist lick and dunk...



    ay.. oreo pala un eh. hahaha


    voltz, eto magagandang series:

    Chuck
    Reaper
    HIMYM (ok ok... hinahanap ko pa CD)
    Gossip Girl
    The Office

    kung may tiyaga ka, mag DL ka:
    http://eztv.it/index.php?main=showlist

    ReplyDelete
  21. wag niyo kasi tutuksuhing dukha at haba-baba. hahaha
    yan tuloy, bumubwelta. :) 'diba mara? hahaha.

    usapang doughnut!
    krispy kreme original glazed with cafe latte...
    cello's (kahit anong variant) with dip. cheese, custard or chocolate
    donut sa panaderya (yung "obviously-fried" and sprinkled with white sugar) with condensed milk.

    pero ang lahat ng donut ay swak sa isang tasa ng brewed coffee... maski wag mo na asukalan yung kape. that's love. ;-)

    sugaaaaaar...

    ReplyDelete
  22. gossip girl? nanonood si ate at mei dvd dito pero... talga?

    interesado ako sa reaper... at sa chuck... The Office? ok lang siguro... pero feeling ko ndi swak humor sa kin eh

    ReplyDelete
  23. hahaha.

    Yup, maganda ang GG. Barney is to HIMYM = Chuck Bass is to GG.


    ReplyDelete
  24. labo pa rin nya. serious matter kaya un, work..=P ndi marunong tumayming, korni pa magjoke. tsk. mei mga friend pa naman xang estudyante nya.=P

    sabi nga ng friend ko masarap daw sa cello's... isa lang ba un? as in un sa katipunan lang?

    nagddip ka sa kape o kagat-inom lang?=P ndi ako coffee person, originally nerbyoso na kasi ako, chaka ewan ko, mas milo/ovaltine ako.=) pero dahil sa philo natututo magkape... at dahil sa doughnut, sige. hehe... masubukan nga...

    dunkin donuts kasi masaya na ko eh.=P ganun lang kababaw kaligayahan ko sa doughnut..=P

    ReplyDelete
  25. HIMYM na lang siguro... ayoko na maniwala seio masyado... cheesy ka eh... wahahahaah

    ReplyDelete
  26. di cheesy ang GG. :p

    OTH lang at Dawson's. >:D

    ----

    may cello's din sa taft ser. :)

    cello's tayo? hahaha. need sugar din. hmmm...

    speaking of cello's.... *takes down note*

    ReplyDelete
  27. walang cake dun. wahahaha...


    masisira ba un kun isang araw nakastock sa kin? ndi ko ref? or i-ref ko tapos dalhin ko sa opis?

    ReplyDelete
  28. dont assume :p

    pede mo iref then micro mo na lang sa office. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. eh.. dadalhan ko si che xempre... wla micro sa office.. iiwan ko na talaga un..

    ReplyDelete
  30. kung magdadala ka bukas, text mo ako. gusto ko mag cello's.

    hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  31. korek.

    dito sa bahay tumatagal ang dosenang donut ng 3-5 days (kung di titirahin kaagad ng mga batang gutom tulad ng kapatid ko, hehehe). pero dahil adik kaming magkapatid sa donuts, sa 5th day lang talaga nauubos. never pa kaming nasiraan ng donut. :)

    basta, i-ref lang parati. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. same great taste pa rin ba un kun i-ref?=P at kelangan ba talaga i-microwave?

    ReplyDelete
  33. yes. maski ensaymada ng starbucks, di ko kinahihiyang i-dip. hahaha. lalo na siguro ngayong ang lahat ng kinakain ko ay dapat binabasa at dinudurog bago pa isubo. hehehe. :)

    ok na ang donuts sa simpleng kagat-inom. depende kasi iyan sa laman ng donut. pag buttered, filled (depende pa sa filling) or super-duper glazed (tulad nung sa KK), yuck na isawsaw (magkaka-sebo yung kape, ehehhe). pero sa mga simpleng butternut tulad nung sa dunkin donuts, carry na yun. :)

    pag tuya ka na sa dunkin, at malayo ang cello's or KK, isusuggest ko ang Country Style. mura lang pero di siya kasing-tuyo nung sa dunkin donuts at mister donut. :)

    aha, sa dunkin donuts, love ko dun ang chocobutternut at butternut; munchkins, at bunwich. at shempre, ang kape!
    krispy kreme - original glazed lang, nakakatuya na ang tamis nung iba.
    gonuts - peanut butter!
    country style - cinnamon roll at twist

    yum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. depende uli.

    if you want it soft, microwave mo. pag malamig na kasi, natural sa kanilang matigas, pero sa akin mas naeenjoy ko yung tamis pag lumamig na. :)

    and kung meron din namang mainit na kapeng ka-combo, wala na ring point na initin.

    hahaha, usapang donut! eh anong masasabi niyo naman sa cupcakes? meron dun sa serendra, cupcakes by sonja. okay sana kaso nakakatusing ung tamis nung frosting. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  35. agree. pero cello's lang. hehehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. isama na rin natin ang usapang egg tarts? nakow, sweet cravings.

    lord's stow has good pastries din. panalo egg tart and mini-ensaymada dun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. di ko sure. heheh. basta alam ko meron nito sa MOA, podium tsaka sa banawe.

    ReplyDelete
  38. xempre nakatulugan ko na kayo sa usapang donut... hehe...


    nakatikim na ko sonja... suya sa tamis, pero sarap tingnan...=P sumuko ako dun, pramis... di ko alam kun dahil ba sobrang siba ko lang nun dinner o dahil talagang mabigat sa tiyan ang isa...=)

    ReplyDelete
  39. mabigat talaga sya sa tiyan. wehehehe.

    ReplyDelete