Thursday, January 29, 2009

...DARY!!! (the next best pickup line), random ramblings...

so i'm working on a project in the office right now, about a new scent. i have to make about 5 stories for 3 scents. right now i got 3 workable ones, and 2 that may have took something from the first three. one of my stories involves a "player"... and who better to personify a "player" than the great guru himself, Barney Stinson (you don't know him? look him up. he'll teach you how to live)...

so inspired by Barney, and with all the horoscope hoopla raging over multiply and wherever, i got to think of my very own pick up line. of course, the first person that has to know about this is the guy who i know would actually try it: my wingman, imon (my blog, my views. you my wingman here)... so amused was my wingman that he coined it: Oplan Zodiac. 

in effect, i shared it to him thinking about The Naked Man gimmick and how it works 2/3 times. i wanted to know if this would fare better.

 

player:  hi, you must be a (insert star sign here)
girl:      what makes you assume that?
player:  well, because they say that (insert star sign here) are good kissers...
girl:      i don't even know you. how can you say that?
player:  we can try to prove or disprove that right now....

 

yup. it sounds kinda pathetic probably, but hey, was there ever a pickup line that wasn't? i mean, if you were sane. pickup lines are made to break the ice. if the girl's really into you, no matter how pathetic the line goes, it's gonna work. if she's not, you get big bright hand mark right across your face. even better: girl has awesome turndown line.

=============================================

Breaking Down the Scores

so, the Naked Man goes 2/3, we got 2.5/4. imon got 1/2, i got 1/2 (initially tabbed at 1.5/2.), .5 for each... i say .5 because tracy said it might work for laughs but not for picking someone up... my point of view is that, laughter will probably start a conversation. hence, .5... then again, prior to me saying the line, i already told my would-be pick ups that i'm gonna try something and they just ride with me.

so, as it seems, the Naked Man still has one up on our Oplan Zodiac.

<<further reading: go to http://imonolgado.multiply.com/journal/item/204/LEGEN..._the_great_birthday_heist>>

=============================================

A Job Badly Needed (Random Personal Ramblings. You may choose to skip)

i'm actually feeling somewhat useful to this company, so i'm not as bored. i got 3 projects lined up all at the same time, so i'm actually kinda busy, my mind's actually kinda getting used. however, now i get to feel i'm getting underpaid. not because of my current salary, but because my salary's not gonna increase anytime soon. that's what happens when you're a contractual employee. you don't get leaves, your agency cheats you on your 13th month pay, and the salary you agreed on initially will probably be the same as long as they extend your contract.

i need a job that's gonna give more promise than this one. 2 of my bosses, as much as they employ my help in their projects, are actually kinda training me to be more than what i am right now. as a result, they trust me with projects, and they push that i be included in every planning session or group meeting (that i may know how and where to help them with) but understand that if at times management doesn't allow it (with the reality that i may actually leave at any point in time). they want me here, but they recognize that the company won't give me that much of a break.. but they keep letting me do what i do, just in case. hopefully, things work out... conversation in the car:

 

sir bernie: when striking a deal, always try to work out a scenario that's good for the both of us. in this case, we need their salon. we need them to close up at 9-11. in turn, we give them a value that's high enough, but won't hurt us. so magkano un?

me: so, i wouldn't know actually...

sir bernie: 10k. maliit lang sa tin un di ba?

me: talaga? i REALLY wouldn't know.

sir bernie: dollars kasi computation natin eh. so roughly, 200USD? not bad.

 

if 10k is such a small price to pay for this company, then i should be getting more. hay.. this is what happens if a guy who likes a kickass phone can't get it because of seemingly sucky pay.

i want things to work out here for purposes of probable growth (and financial stability), but would like to leave because i'm getting old early. i need people around my age group at least. reasonable enough?

i'll work on my resume. i'm adding on to my portfolio. before next week ends, i must have passed my resume to one other company at least. goals, goals... haha..

=============================================

Quote of the Week:

Saw this somewhere i can't remember:

Phil Jackson: Remember, there's no "I" in "team".

Micheal Jordan: But there's always a "me"

5 comments: