Saturday, May 23, 2009

...how do you say this...

YM Status

chemckeyred period. tapos na.

syrinx_628 Life = where "i hope it's you" can become "broken strings"


====================================================
Facebook Status

voltaire lozada went from being "in a relationship" to "single"

che is now "single"


=====================================================

I know I said I wouldn't blog about it anymore. But I guess, with what seemed to be a good thing going suddenly stopping abruptly, I think I'll kinda speak up, for everyone who wound up being speechless.

It hurts for us both. Truly it does. Words fall short of describing how this feels for the both of us. Why break up, then, if it hurts for us to be apart? Well, because we might eventually hurt each other more in the long run. It hurts now, but imagine how difficult it might be if we realize this after 5 more years.

To make it clear, there is no "other" on both our ends. This was, as I said, a necessary break up. I'm not saying it's wrong, what happened, but I don't think we can grow together. We have to do it apart.

Blame it work. Blame it on seeing too much of each other. Blame it on the stupid cellphone. I don't really care. What matters is we talked, and we understood what must happen.

She was my everything. I know I was too. But when a term [I love you] becomes equivocal, one (A) has to realize that it would be unfair to keep it up. And the other (B) must understand that one(A) is doing a sacrifice by letting go.

After 4 years and some months, we're both walking on unfamiliar territory: single land. For all these years, we've always been together. It's hard to become a nobody in your best friend's life after a single, life changing event. We remain friends, there's no bad blood between us. We're both hurting, adjusting, coping, but there's no blaming, cursing, or hating going on.

For family and friends who get to read this, this is fine, really. We need it. Doesn't mean I have to like it, but we need it. I hope this thing called "breaking up" doesn't change the way you see Che.

For her friends and family who get to read this, I'm sorry. I made a promise to her dad, and we talked. I give her back, no more, no less, probably less of a child, and more of a person, but, I'm giving her back with all her dignity and pride. Take care of her, as I wouldn't be able to as much as I did before.

We'll see each other again, we'll be friends, of course, why wouldn't we be?
I just need time, not to forget about her, but rather to set my perspective right, i.e. that I must see her as a friend, and not my everything.

4 years did not go to waste. I regret no second of it. Maybe eventually, we'll end up back together, who knows, but I'm not pushing it.

 Pero ayoko umasa. Ayoko umasa din siya. Dahil habang umaasa kami, hinihintay rin namin na kami rin sa huli, tinatali pa rin namin ang sarili namin sa isa't isa. Tama na. Oras na siguro para magmahal at masaktan kami sa piling ng ibang tao. Oras na para bigyan namin ang sarili namin ng pagkakataon na maging "ako" ako, at "siya" siya, at hindi parating "kami".

I don't think I need advice. This hurts like hell, but sometimes you gotta take those training wheels off your bike to actually learn.Company's always good, so thank you for everyone who offered to talk about it. Don't feel bad if you don't have the right words to say, because even if you did have the right words, it wouldn't make things feel better.

My network and hers are so intertwined that I feel us breaking up would make it seem so awkward for everyone around us. Believe me, we're good. Nobody needs to avoid anybody. We could all still hang out sometime.

Just not now. But soon. Not to forget, but rather to re-set boundaries. To know my place. To know, in myself, where she should be.

I'll be fine, when I go out to drink again. I don't drink when I have something deep troubling me. It makes me feel more miserable than I already am. Drinking, I think, should always be fun.

(My mom's probably thinking I should "break up" with people more often if THAT keeps me away from alcohol... hehe..)
===============================================================

So this is how it feels like... Letting go of the one you love...

Thank you people, for being there, for both of us. Please don't push us to get back together, because I know I would want that, but it shouldn't be. Not now, not soon, probably in the distant future, but definitely not now, not soon. If you want to help, help us be just friends.

10 comments:

  1. i'm not gonna ask what happened or why did it happen. u sound good. and she sounded ok as well. what's important is thatu guys are well and open about it.

    ='s

    ReplyDelete
  2. nakabasa din ako ng blog mo kahit mahaba.. i insist.. lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know you don't. probably felt bad because I've always been coming to you for reality check, and i guess i really wanted to return the favor. but yah, i know words don't make it feel better. so coffee na lang sometime when you want (and when work permits hehe). you'll be okay. you both will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know you don't. probably felt bad because I've always been coming to you for reality check, and i guess i really wanted to return the favor. but yah, i know words don't make it feel better. so coffee na lang sometime when you want (and when work permits hehe). you'll be okay. you both will be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. whatever's the reason behind this, i hope that both of you has made the right decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've never been like those friends who talks long hours about love and more serious things in life, but I'm here..we all are.. for both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. PAX TECUM..

    Peace be with you.. :|

    ReplyDelete