Wednesday, May 27, 2009

...LTO Chronicles, Sports rants, Mike D...

I'll be breaking off from my slew of emo blogs.

Funniest thing happened. Back story's gonna sell it.

So my younger brother is set to get his Driver's License a year ago. He attended driving school, and had his student's permit and all, and all he had to do now was get his license.

Trial #1:

Went to LTO Marikina, which is one jeep away from home. Had his drug test and medical for requirements. Then when he got to the window, he was told he can't get a new license there, as they don't process new licenses ther.

Result: No license.

Trial #2:

Went to San Juan, where cousin Tats went with him. He went to the same LTO branch where I got my license. As luck would have it, they were stuck in traffic for about 3 hours. And by the time they got to the LTO, they weren't taking any more applicants.

Result: No license.

Trial #3:

Went back to San Juan, where my mom decided to go with him. Apparently, the drug test and medical test that he took in Marikina were only valid in Marikina. So they had to re-do the whole thing. And by the time they got to the next step, the place experienced power failure.

Result: No license.

His Student's Permit expired, and you can't get a new license if you don't have a Student's Permit.

Trial #4:

New Student's License application time. He was asked for his Tax Identification Number. He didn't have one, as he is still a student. But LTO insisted that he must have one, or else they can't give him a Student's Permit.

Result: No permit, no nothing.

He went on to get a TIN number, a different adventure I wouldn't dwell on. Point is, he got it.

Trial #5:

After getting a Student's Permit, one can apply for a new lisence after a month, I think. So he had that wait and now, it was his chance. I came with him today to LTO Taytay to finally get it over with. He went in to the medical exam room, and after a few minutes, the PA system blurted out:

"Sa mga bagong dating po, advisory lang. Sira po ang system ng LTO nationwide. Nagcrash po ang system ng central LTO. Kaya po wala po munang maiissue na bagong lisensya o rehistro ng sasakyan"

Result: oh yeah, you guessed it.

Tomorrow is probably gonna be another day, but man, with this guy's luck in getting a new license, all I could say was, I don't think I'm even worthy to be in his presnece. It's like the universe conspires for him not to get his license.
=================================================================

UEFA Camping

I was freakin sleepy last night, but the UEFA Champions League final was to be played at around 1AM, or so the scedule says. Cousins Gino and Jason were here, and I convinced Tats to come by insisting on picking him up. We bought some junk food in Mini Stop that I hoped would keep us awake through the match, but what do you know, the match started at 2:45AM. Gino was wasted, Tats was playing DoTA, Jason fell asleep in the comfort room, and I was about to drift away. I watched the first 7 minutes of the match, and unknowingly closed my eyes. Tats then just made a comment that it was 1-nil to Barca. Now, anyone who watches (or doesn't) football knows that goals are hard to come by, that one goal could mean the whole match. I missed the rare freakin feat.

Anyway, I was drifting between dreamworld and reality while watching the game. I woke up to a thunderous cross by Xavi that looked like a high through pass, but it suddenly curved toward Lionel Messi, and there you go, 2-nil, with 20mins to go before stoppage time. I should've slept right there, but it was Manchester U, after all, so they might, MIGHT, just make a goal. I waited, and waited, but eventually, the match was stopped. And I slept.

Woke up at around 6:45AM to diss the ManU fan in Gino. Haha...

==================================================================

Denver vs LAL Game 5

Because of the Trial#5, I almost missed game 5. We came home just in time for the third quarter of the game. It was tight throughout, with both teams finishing each quarter in a tied game. The third quarter proved no different.

And then there was the 9-0 blast by the Lakers to start the 4th. Now, I'm not a fan of Kobe. I hate the guy. I'm a D-Wade fan. And a CP3 believer. But Kobe? No. But I wanted the Lakers to win this year. I had Lebron winning the season MVP award, but Kobe getting his Finals MVP award. I've been saying that for the longest time. Seeing Kobe play is stunning, to say the least. He was finesse basketball personified. Lebron couldn't move the same way Kobe does even if he wanted to. I'm not saying Lebron < Kobe or the other way around, it's just that it's different, the way they move in the hardwood.

I hate that I'm becoming a Kobe fan. I want Denver to win because they're long overdue, but I still want my prediction to stick.

Lakers in 7.

==================================================================

Cleveland vs Orlando

I had Cleveland winning the series. But down 3-1? Man. That's gonna be tough. Considering they kinda "stole" game 2 with a Lebron miracle. They need to win by at least 25 points at the Q next game to show they are "the" best team in basketball, as Mo Williams said.

Though I want Cleveland to win, I think Lakers have a better chance winning the championship if ithey face Orlando in the finals. Besides, Orlando vs Denver/Lakers isn't as appealing as Cleveland vs Denver/Lakers['03 #1 pick/MVP vs . '03 #3(Darko was #2)/MVP]...

Orlando in 6. If it goes back to Cleveland for 7, Orlando just threw their biggest chance away. 
=================================================================

Mike Defensor and His "Honor" Case

Hearing was scheduled for today. My dad went. Some of my Uncles did too. Of course Uncle Jun was there in the senate. They were at the stage Mike Defensor claimed was the proper one to address his issue.

He didn't show up. Apparently, as Inquirer.net reported, he dropped the case against Uncle Jun, saying he wouldn't recieve "impartial justice" or something. Why does everything have to be unfair if they don't win? Ewan. I would want to elaborate further, but you all know what I mean.

4 comments:

  1. wahahahahahahahahahaha...
    kwawa naman si job..

    ReplyDelete
  2. eto ang malupit na nangyari sakin kanina..

    8:30am- dumating ako sa LTO, haba ng pila pero online.. nagtyaga ako

    9:30am- tapos na ako sa 1st step antay ko na lang tawagin ng cashier, may nag P.A. "brownout po ang LTO Binangonan kaya lahat ng mga aplikante nila ay dito pumupunta, kaya slow down po ang process natin"

    nice...

    10:30am- nakapagbayad sa cashier (take note, 1st batch ng exam is 10am) sabi sakin ng kahera balik na lang daw ako before 1pm kasi yung susunod na batch eh 2pm pa

    very nice..

    palipas oras sa robinsons junction.

    1:00- andun na ko, mahirap nang nd makarating, wala akong hawak na resibo.

    2:00-4:30- written at practical exam.. patapos na..

    nang nag aantay ng matawag para sa huling pagbayad, may nag P.A. ulit

    "sa mga kumukuha ng bagong lisensya, pasensya na po nasira ang laminator namin, pangit ang labas ng lisensya at nagmumukhang peke, kaya babalik na lang namin ang resibo at balikan nyo na lang ang lisensya nyo sa susunod na linggo"

    deym.. pero at least.. may lisensya na ako.. =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. hangga't di pa hawak, wala pa rin.:p

    ReplyDelete