Sunday, June 21, 2009

...Friday and Saturday nights...

My office life is always filled with excitement and fun-filled activities that I always get the urge to blog about it, because there's just so much to talk about. --->That is probably what I want to tell myself. But everyday, I get up, go to the office, sleep, go to the mall, then back to the office, mail some stuff, then leave. That has basically been my life. I seriously need a career change. Hirap lang maghanap.

Mag-taxi driver na lang ako sa Singapore.
====================================================================
Friday Session


(attendees: me, Che, Issa, Shara, and Ana. @ Market! Market!)

I didn't have plans last Friday, but at the last possible minute, Che says Shara wanted to go out. And so, go out we did. It was rare that Shara doesn't have something "coming up", so this was an event that cannot pass. Besides, I had to load up on dog tags because I didn't get to buy stuff for friends from Singapore. Waited for an hour for them media people to get ready to leave, spent the next hour weaving through traffic and looking for a parking space.

Pier One at the Fort was full, so we decided to go to Ortigas. But since my passengers were so hungry, we decided to go to Market!Market! instead. Was it Guilligan's or Guilly's, that we went to that was surprisingly not that full? Anyway, they had 3 for 100 beers, so I was good with that.

4-5 San Mig Light bottles later, I think I was about to go out. I guess its been a while since I drank more than 3 bottles, so I was kinda adjusting, which is good, considering Rey was gonna be celebrating his birthday the next day.

Met Ana, fun person to be with. A couple of meetings more, and I'd probably be laughing my brains off with her. I forgot what time I got home.

Save for the dog house that was in the middle of the road near Che's place (@Issa: this was that night, right?), I got home safe and unscathed, with "sweet dreams or a beautiful nightmare.." looping in my head.

=================================================================

Saturday Nostalgia Part I - The Girls
(Atendees: Me, Tracy, Aby. Special Apperance: Ma'm Fleur, Rey, Peter. @Ice Monster UST)

Tracy wanted to meet up with me and Aby for kwento sake. I'm an honorary "gurlfriend" in Tracy's eyes. Peter's not just honorary.

Because of the heat, we decided to hang out at Ice Monster, where Rey, Ma'm Fleur, and Peter dropped by on separate occassions. I was actually surprised that we were able to sustain a conversation of various topics for more than 3 hours.

It was fun talking to them, Tracy and her kikayness, and Aby and her frank bitchiness ("...mei shit na lumulutang, tapos nawawala yung balde ko. pati un putanginang balde ko, mei kumuha pa..." naalala ko si ate at ang St. Scho. wahahaha). I suddenly felt happy having lost the presidency back in college. Had I won, I wouldn't have had the time to spend with my classmates for us to be able to talk like we do now.

And yes, I probably am avoiding academics right now. I know I can choose not to finish it, but it's not my thing, starting something and then leaving it hanging. So I guess I'll stick with reading fiction ebooks for now.

===================================================================

Saturday Nostalgia Part II - Tita and "Porkchopan"
(Attendees: Me, Rey, Tita, Xtian. @Antonio Street)

Back in our 2nd year in college, we had a place that could accomodate almost the whole class, where the porkchop was always good, and the soup is always a surprise. We aptly called it "Porkchopan", so named because of the famed pork chops.

It was the best hangout place we got back then. After eating, we go to Kuya Ron's, right beside the eating area for our NBA Live tourneys via PS2 (Kali = Houston, Robert = Jonathan Bender, Imon = Phoenix?, Cadiz = Kyle Korver, Voltaire =  Miami?, Diaz = Purefoods. wahahaha) or if we're waiting, we'd play DoTA there, and in our spare time, while the smokers smoke, the rest plays with Kuya Ron's kid (whose name escapes me suddenly. Ked di ba?).  During the playoffs, I got to see how Miami won via the TV on the neighbor's place that was switched to the game.

Then as the years went by, it seemed they expanded, then slowly stopped, then totally closed. We still hung out there from time to time, but as I graduated, I know the new kids in AB wouldn't be able to enjoy the pork chops we had during our time (naks, parang antagal na.=P).

Now, Kuya Ron's shop is gone, and Tita opened a small sari-sari store. Seems Rey still hung out there, Tita still knows him. And yesterday, after convincing her to go against her policy of not letting people use their restroom, Rey introduced me, and she remembered me.

Tita: Ah, o nga, si Voltaire ka nga. Naalala ko si Em eh.
Us: wahahahha..
Tita: Tumaba ka kasi eh. Di tuloy kita nakilala. (sabi seio Ella, sinungaling ka eh.:P)

====================================================================

Saturday Nostalgia Part III - Team Flow ++

(Attendees: Me, Rey, Xtian, Imon, Ella, KT, Jonathan, Benjo, Carrin, Marella. NON-APPEARANCE: Kalayaan Nicandor QuiƱones.
DRAWING APPEARANCE: Muse Cledera.
SORRY NA WALA PALANG NAGTEXT: Jason Suarez.
ETO UNG MGA NAMIMISS MONG LAKAD DAHIL KAHIT BUMISITA KA NA NG MAYNILA EH NDI KA NAMAN NAGPAPAKITA: Robert Dillera.
TATAY KA NA NDI KA PA RIN SUMASAMA: Leonel Cadiz. @Tony's Grill)



"Go with the flow" was some kind of mantra the Miguelin Boys lived with, and we just kinda rode it and made a Multiply account for the whole "team".

Before the Holy Week, we had "Friday Sessions", a weekly gathering at the Scout area. It didn't obligate, because people always had a choice:

Benjo text message: "Inom? Y/N"

It's difficult to gather the whole class back for a reunion, so what happens is, when we set a gathering, we invite people as a formality, but we believe that "friends are not invited, they just come". Anyway, these people in the above-mentioned groups are fun people to hang with, complete or not.

Last night was probably an attempt to revive the weekly session (which, may I add, burns a hole in one's wallet.:P haha), but mainly to celebrate Rey's birthday.

It was a loud night. There was the object of fun (Xtian), the assholes who direct all attention to the object of fun (me, imon), the birthday boy (John, este, Rey), the lover boy who sang for the mug and the birthday boy (Benjo), the bearer of the Lover boy's leash (Carrin), the Magnolia Queen (Marella.. hehe), the shy-type kuno sa camera (Jonathan), the girl in the hot seat (Ella), and the quiet visitor (KT).

Notable Notes:
*Xtian and I ate at the barbeque place near Tony's para tipid. We were so Hungry. Turned out there was no cooked rice yet, and they tell us that after our orders were served. Pakshet.

*Xtian tried to put Ella in the hot seat, but we always managed to direct the questions to Xtian. Not that I don't want Ella answering quesitons, it's just fun seeing Xtian grasp for answers. Mabuhay ang "sinigang"!!

*Xtian had a magic trick that baffled me. Hirap sa lasing na bobo sa math eh.

*Marella got baptized as Queen Magnolia.

*Jonathan's birthday gift to Rey: Pinagbalat ng hipon.:)

*Imon requested for "Two Steps Behind" to the band and with it was a note to greet our friend who was celebrating his birthday, John Pratts. Everyone literally kept looking at our table to have at least a glimpse of John Pratts. Un waiter nga pinabati pa kei Imon si John Pratts eh.

*Band played "Careless Whisper". Benjo danced for us.:)

*Band played "Kahit Kailan". Benjo sang for Rey.:) Sana i-upload ni Imon sa YouTube.:P putol un akin eh. Bastos si Rey, nagtext.. Haha..
*Yes, I like looking at our quiet visitor. Para matahimik si Rey, Imon, at Ella. I don't hide the fact na nagagandahan ako sa kanya. It's not a big deal. Don't make it one.:p Lalo ka na Rey. haha

*Rey ordered Crispy Pata after n-number of buckets. I thought we needed more buckets, but the crispy pate didn't even last 15mins.

*I owe Marella a bucket of beer dahil nagawa nyang maabante un Anfra sa tapat ng Tony's.

10 comments:

  1. will we ever find out how he did that darn trick? waaaah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha. which never reached rey because i ate it. the hipon looked weird after the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. guys, sorry na. I never really understood what you guys meant by magnolia. Slow pick up. pero kung ikakaliligaya nyo ang pagtawag sa akin nun, for the heck of it, damn! so be it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha. nasan ako nung mga panahong binibinyagan ka na nila?

    ReplyDelete
  5. shet.. sensitive pala si marella.. sori na..=P

    @jonathan - either busy ka sa pamamalat ng hipon, nag-cr, o ndi naririnig dahil sa ingay.=P ako kasi ndi ko rin narinig agad eh.=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. pre team ko houston at indiana. :D

    si kali ang detroit :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry na ate marella.

    sana maexplain ni scheler ito. :p

    ReplyDelete