Friday, June 12, 2009

...Gadget Chronicles: Starting Day 2...

I should be writing this on my new PDA. But due to a stroke of genius, I'm blogging now via Tring's new laptop.

My HTC specified that it must be charged for 3 hours before I get to use it. So last night (earlier, if you want to get technical with it, feeling ko gabi pa basta madilim eh), I went out of our room at around 1:45AM and started to blog away, waiting for my phone to finish charging at 3AM. I was so damn sleepy while trying to read what happened in game 4, but I persevered, wanting to swap the extra battery and charge it after the other was finished.

So after about an hour trying to keep myself awake by blogging and whatnot, it was 3AM. I was so excited to open my phone, finally, after hours of carrying it around in it's box.

...None.

I tried again...

 

...Still, nothing happened.

Then the horror of reality slapped me in the face: The freakin extension wasn't turned on.

I thought of just charging it when I woke up. But then, I thought, it might not be enough time for me to be able to use it when we go out. I decided to charge it anyway, and just get up the moment I open my eyes, despite the bodyache.

I got up at 7:30AM, an hour and a half late from the expected 6AM. I ran out, feeling my legs cursing me, and my heart pounding my chest. But still, I ran. Curiously, it wasn't hot, as I expected it to be after being charged for a time.

I opened the battery pack, changed the battery, then the unthinkable happened: I don't know how to put the battery in. Apparently, there was a black slip of plastic covering the fuckin part where the battery was supposed to be placed. Again, I failed to charge the freakin battery.

 

Then this stupid laptop took about an hour or so setting itself up. It's good to go now, but it was quite a wait. It looks good though, I know Tring's gonna like it. I did.:) Toshiba L310-P418, from 999SGD down to 969SGD in the afternoon, and down to 899SGD when I got it. Plus the carry case, the anti-virus, and the fuckin big printer.

Will upload pix when I have time. We're squeezing the time we have here as much as we can. I should definitely come back. And probably consider working here.=P

4 comments: