Friday, June 12, 2009

...Singapore Day 1 Rundown...

...we arrived at the airport at about 12:15AM and bought alcohol for my sister and cousin. Apparently, you can only buy 1 bottle of wine/whisky/vodka/etc and a set of beers (normally 3-packs) per passport.

...Ate proudly served us her homemade "Sotong". She says it's kinda like squid-cereal. Disgusting as it may seem, it's not that bad. Imagine calamares, only with weird-tasting breading.. I just can't dig in much as my stomach has been upset for days.

...Couldn't sleep, got to finish "Deception Point" in my PSP. The more I read Dan Brown novels, the more I feel he's a frustrated romantic writer.

...Slept at 3AM, but got up at around 8:30AM, more because of wanting to know what the score was than touring Singapore.

...Justin.tv can't give me a break. After 2mins, the room suddenly becomes "full" and I get to be the one kicked out. I gave up on watching the game, as we were bound for a trip around Singapore.

...Walked to the MRT station. It really doesn't feel like I left Manila, what with all the Filipinos around, jologs to sosyal...

...Waited about 15mins outside the doors of the IT show. Then we learned it was going to open at 12PM. It was 11AM then.

...Walked to Carrefour. I can't say an approximate distance, but it was a long walk.

...Saw a new LFC kit in the Addidas Store. Costs 99SGD. Wanted to buy one. Opted not to. Felt it was too expensive.

...Ate at a food court. Laksa, an interesting noodle soup, was ordered by Job. It was spicy, but I didn't like it much, probably because the spicy-gata combo in my head will always involve malunggay and some galunggong.

...Wandered in the IT sale. They left me chatting with a sales guy for Toshiba, and I met up with them only after I scoured the entire floor for the best deal for Tring. Despite the many other tempting bargains, the Toshiba turned out to be the best one.

...Strolled lost on the top floor, where all my family was. Once I found them, my sister informed me of an HTC booth, and I dragged her to it. They didn't need to sell the phone to me. In my mind, it has been sold for months now. It's not quite the Verzio Envii that was part of my Christmas wishlist, but it seemed better to me, being assured of quality by brand, and the safety of a known service center in the Philippines.

...HTC Touch Viva costs around 21-22K in the Philippines. Here, it cost around 14-15K.And they included freebies, such as a bluetooth headset and an extra battery. I thought I was supposed to get a pouch for my phone and a small bear, but I guess they ran out. Too bad. I wanted the bear.

...Strolled to the Marina Barrage. It was freakin hot out.

...I don't have any good pictures. If I uploaded the pics my sis took, I'd name the album "tanga-looks in Singapore".

...The Marina Barrage was a sight to behold. Our local leaders could learn from it. Especially in Malabon.

...Went back to the city to finally buy Tring's laptop. Long line for the money changer. Bought the item, got everything arranged, and went to the top floor, where the freebies were to be given. I took the printer freebie, thinking it wouln't be that big. It turned out it was. And we had three more stops to make. Deym.

...Dragged the laptop and printer via the free stroller Toshiba gave us. Walked to the Esplanade (great sight during the night), and on to the Mer-lion (or however the hell you spell that).

...Rode a river tour. Good thing the ticket guy was Pinoy. We got to leave the big-ass laptop package with him for safekeeping.

...River tour is a great ride at night.

...@Issa: G-max, the bungee-like experience, doesn't seem worth it. 40SGD?! That's robbery.

...Went to light dinner (we've eaten almost every time we got to sit down.).

...Discovered that Ronaldo is all set to play for Real Madrid. Scary, considering Kaka just signed last week.

...Learned that a delicacy which starts with the letter "A" (the exact name escapes me at the moment) is actually thinly sliced squid slices, despite my mom's claims that it isn't.

...Appreciated San Mig more. Tiger beer sucks. It tastes like an experimental mix we had in the office, Johnny Black and San Mig light.

...Went back home, took out everything that must be taken out of the box, so that it won't be taxed, and charged those that needed to be charged.

...Learned that Lakers indeed won game 4. As I said time and again, Orlando will get games 3 and 5, but Lakers are gonna get it done in game 6. 

...Watched the latest episode of "Tayong Dalawa" via pinoychannel.

...Burning time, waiting for my first battery to be charged.

...Thinking, not wanting to think. "Ako Mismo" ang makakatulong sa sarili ko sa mga oras na to.

...Happy thoughts. Thoughts about me. Thoughts about what I have. Not about those that I don't.

...Tomorrow's gonna be a new day.

6 comments:

  1. Think of the Real Madrid team with Ronaldo, Zidane, Beckham, Robinho, etc... barca still slapped their asses till kingdom come at that time.

    Di gagana style si CR7 sa Spain. Bakaw siya masyado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pota. kin mei pera ako bilhin ko talaga un. ganda nun fit sa kin, demmit.

    couldn't say. beckham, ronaldo, robinho, and zidane aren't on the same team barca beat sa rome.:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. si munez na lang kailangan na real. hahaha

    di david villa ng valencia nag sign na rin DAW sa real. WTF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. next in line lang. easy.:p mawawala naman sa kanila si robben eh, at least mababawasan kahit panu...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha.

    si iker din ata end of contract na. sana umalis na siya sa real tapos sa Liverpool lumipat.

    wahahaha.

    ReplyDelete