Sunday, March 22, 2009

...Sawaan with classmates weekend...

Another long blog for a long weekend. Friday: Go home 4AM, wake up 8AM (body clock), go home 5AM, wake up 11:30AM, and now seems gonna be late again, as Liverpool's taking on Aston Villa at 11PM.

Anyway, another reading exercise that's meant for those who have nothing better to do in cyberspace.

====================================================================

Friday Sessions

It started out as a random event. Me, Imon, and Benjo decide to meet up somewhere in Timog. Labo plano, pero at the end of the day, back out ako, back out si Imon, pero ultimately, nagdecide din na magkita na lang. After dinner of isaw, and a bucket of beer, we transfer and get joined by Marella, Jonathan, Rey, Pio, and Carin. And that's how is started, as it became a regular Friday gimik.

After graduating, as I mentioned many a time, I've appreciated my classmates more. I get to know them a little bit better and reveal some sides of them that I enjoy moments with them for a myriad of reasons. There are the "girlfriends", the condo fantasizers, the sessionmates, and the hey-nice-to-see-you-again classmates. They have different sides, which makes it not as enjoyable when I'm with 2 at the same time. There are stuff talked about inside one of the circles that must not reach any other circle, so talks are sometimes a bit limited.

Anyway, there have been attempts at class bonding that I was involved in:

1. "At least once a week" Group: Name says it all. Happened at the height of Imon's drama. Failed for reasons unknown. Availability perhaps?
2. Pay-up Wednesdays: NBA odds in the elimination round's a bitch. Ended with decision to stop betting.
3. Foodtrip Saturday(s): great idea, wasn't followed up. Again, citing availability as a reason? Happened once, hopefully, maulit.

Friday Sessions is a bit of a new thing, so chairman of the board Benjo, keeper of the house Jonathan (kapitbahay lang. kahit gumagawa ng paper bababa. ndi pdeng ndi makarating, dahil walang pdeng maidahilan), resident hearthrob (nakow. ikaw nang eksenahan ng BUONG klase mo) Marella, and certified candy cutie Rey-Rey (sing cute ni John Prats, sinliit ng candy) are those who still hold an unblemished attendance record for these sessions. Over the past few weeks, these sessions have produced hotties (as per account of Imon RE:Marella's students), new friendships (on my end, Pio and Carin), visitors (Che and friends, last week), and a "plem-plem" (oo na Benjo. masama na ko.) So far, so good.

Last Friday was supposed to be a lost day, but because the homo in Benjo longed to see the 1-week absent Imon, he disregarded the sleepless Friday he had because of his Philo paper, and called for a session at the last minute.

By Marella's account: "Kala ko wala na eh. 2PM, wala. 3PM, wala pa rin. 4PM, wala pa rin text. Tapos biglang meron na."

We normally pack up at around 2AM, and go staight home. Last Friday, though, Marella's longing for siopao was too much for us not to eat after the session. Kali, though, wanted Icebergs. Benjo, as a matter of suggestion, wanted Tres Pares in Marikina (meron ba malapit sa ibang lugar?). So, thinkers that we are, with all the degrees we hold and all the philosophical knowledge we have in our heads, we thought of the fairest, logical way to settle our differences: no, not by toss coin, hello, there were 3 choices. Maiba panalo siyempre (variation of maalis-alis).

And siopao won. But, since Kali was too good for a lowly siopao house with rallyists all around, we still went on to Icebergs. That's when I learned that the best way to take care of a hangover was to drink milkshake after n-bottles of beer. Trust me, after you do that, you'll be too constipated to feel you have a bad hangover.

(Nakakaexcite mga reaction ng mga tinamaan dito, pramis. haha... Pics posted later)
===============================================================

Saturday Baptism

It was my Uncle Owe's birthday celeb, one where everyone's going, even Uncle Jun came out of La Salle for it. But it was also the 21st, Waqi's christening. I figured, while birthdays are celebrated every year, a christening of a person happens once in a lifetime. I know everyone's gonna have their say if I come to the birthday too late (i.e. if everyone left already), but I gave my word that I'd come to the christening, and because I was thinking of all the other classmates that may not have means of transportation to go to Bulacan, I thought of going to Bulacan anyway.

It had to start somewhere. I wanted to meet up with Imon at SM Marikina so that we could buy a gift for Waqi. Ma used the Lancer, Pa of course used the Mazda (which I wouldn't be able to use anyway), and I'm left with the choice of the Volkswagen (which had issues with the electiricals last time I used it), the red Anfra (which, after about 4-5months of hanging out in the garage, finally was tuned, but I didn't know what to expect), the blue Anfra (that doesn't have an external handle for the passenger seat), and the Big Horn (which is actually being fixed, and lacks some parts). I was pissed, because considering the sheer number of cars at my disposal, I don't have one I can use without the fear of breaking down or with the feeling of comfort of using a car. The best bet was the Volkswagen, but lo and behold, the freakin aircon pulley's screws were loose, hence, no aircon. I tried to fix it, for 2 freakin hours, only for me to fail miserably. I ended up using my trusty blue, thinking, at least more friends could ride with me.

After the baptism rites, we talked on how we could go about. As it turned out, we weren't waiting for anyone anymore. And because those who had cars were thinking about the others who didn't have means, they brought big cars of their own (Jason - Revo, Pao - Crosswind). So we had all the space, and no one to fill them. Now, because I have a Puerto trip coming up in the weekend (here I come fun, sun, beach, and banana boat.), but maxed out my credit card, meaning, I'd have to spend for all the gas I'm going to use for the upcoming week, I decided to just carpool, after all, my limit of 8 or 9PM was said to be just about the same time the whole reception was going to last, and was also said to be around the same time the other guys who had cars were going to go home. Pao had to drop by Trinoma, and I was being pointed by Jason to wait for Diaz, so I thought I could just leave the car in Trinoma, hitch with Pao, and wait for Diaz (which was forever, by the way).

It was kinda awkward to hitch with Pao, I mean, he's great, but we don't get to spend too much time together to get to really know each other, so I wouldn't know how to strike a conversation with him. And same thing with Aiane. But hitching a ride with Pao was probably the best decision I could've made for the whole week. Good thing I had my wingman, Imon, to follow up on my jokes and stab some jokes himself. We started slow, but eventually had a lot of laughs, and that was probably the best short-long trip I've had with a classmate (it's a long trip because we went through the expressway, but it was short because it's only the second exit of NLEX) I've never spent more than an hour with except DoTA time. Oh sorry, we also had a token bitch in Christian (who, while at times really pisses me off, is great in the sense that he can take our stabs and still exchanges fist bumps after a long and painfull dissing. That is, unless he doesn't walk out first.) who made the drive all the more fun kasi pde namin xa banatan kun wala na masabi.

Naturally, we were late for the reception, but it didn't feel that way, as Ged and Rah took very good care of us. And Ariel took care of Diaz. Food was AWESOME: fish fillet, beef with brocolli, amazing pasta, great pork steak (or whatever it was called), fresh mixed vegetables, and chicken. And as in the case in Rah's place, it's NEVER out of expensive wine. So instead of probably a Generoso or a Gran Matador in any other people's place, we downed 2 bottles of Black Label at theirs, and we could've had Chivas if we didn't care enough for our well-beings. There was a flowing chocolate fountain with your choice of what to dip: bread stix (the biscuit snack), stick-o, and mallows of different sizes.

The 8-9PM curfew turned out to be the window of time from when we start eating to when we start drinking. Among all the food, the best serving last night would probably still be the big plate of Diaz. He was the main course last night.

Anyway, we left at 11:30PM (uy, almost 9..), 2 hours and about 4 phone calls from my mom after the time I said I was going to leave. It was too much fun to leave behind.

(Thanks much Ged and Arrah! Hope Waqi likes our gift. Uncle Imon chose that for him. Taga-oo lang ako.)

===================================================================

After-Party Party

I was confident to go to Uncle Owe's party late because I knew 1AM is still considered early by their standards. True enough, I got there at about 12:30AM and they were still there. And that's how my second night in one night started.

After hard drinks at Rah's place, beer was next. Papaitan (the best among those I eat) and a bunch of other food was there, ready to pair up with the next bottle of beer on your hand. Uncle Jun already left, my mom and some of the older aunts left, but those that mattered were still there. Pa's Magic Sing worked for it's worth last night, as it was used intenisvely during the night.

Pa left early and with heavyweights riding with him, he opted to leave his Mazda3 with me. We ran out of beer, so we tried to buy at a nearby store, but since they were al closed, my cousin Jon and I decided to just buy in our village store (we were drinking in Marikina).

11 beers, 3 bowls of papaitan, n-number of stabs at just about anyone, and 500pesos in tong-its later, we decided to call it a night.

Back home, my cousin Tats slept in my room, so we were still discussing some NBA/Premiere league matters till I wasn't answering anymore. He figured I was out after I didn't finish my point. Ok, fine, it was after I wasn't able to finish my sentence.

Curiously though, I think this is the first time in my life that I'm supposed to be wasted out of my brains, but I actually wasn't out-out til I lay on my bed.
===============================================================

Family Bonding Sunday

The day started late, but somehow I felt it was long. Probably because I got another workout, my first in ages. We set up the product of my dad's birthday impulse buying, which was a punching bag, in our soon to be renovated garage (ye te. haha... si papa kausapin mo ukol jan. kanina pinagpipilitan pa rin nyang baka Singapore price un sinasabi ng mga kasma mo.). Of course we had to put punches in, resulting in another story-telling of a series of events that I've heard like, a million times before. But him laughing and enjoying, and since I know those stories by heart, we had fun because I had all the possible variations for his jokes, and I could re-enact those events to make it at least a bit more interesting for me.

I started writing this blog at around 4:30PM, and now, at 9PM, I'm not done yet. Well, it's mainly because of all the commercial in life: my mom playing freecel, Job sending a file out (si job pala ka-chat mo, kali), dinner, the PBA game, and the uber-fun Wipeout on AXN. Hence, I feel so sticky now that I haven't gotten a chance to go take a shower, and anyone without bad cold that stands within 2 feet of me would smell the constant farts resulting from a mixture of burger, chocolate ice cream, and dinuguan.

THAT is how bad I hate losing my thought process when blogging.

===================================================================

Biggest Loser Update: Tulog ang Kalayaan!!

Kali, Imon, and I set a challenge for ourselves a little over a month ago. He who loses the most pounds since that time would win, and the loser/s treats the winner/s (3 nga pala tayo, pano tayo?) to Dad's. Yes, its downright dumb to slim ourselves down, for a prize that's only bound to let us gain those pounds we've lost, but that was seemingly the best prize we could give to each other.

But as it seems, no one's getting closer to that elusive weight-loss goal. Reason: Imon (150+/-lbs) seems to be drinking a lot in Lipa, and with all the good chow the province provides, seems impossible for him not to indulge. I (156/7lbs), on the other hand, had my dentist tell me indirectly that I'm bound to be fat, what with all the saliva my glands produce everytime my mouth opens.

And our heavyweight who clocked in at +/- 200lbs, Kali, seems he's still headed to fatdom with all the rest he's getting. He was on track to lose tons of pounds with basketball every late afternoon, but had an "ACL injury" that barred him from playing for the past 3 weeks I think. And with all the good food at their place, you know he's eating his share. And spare time would always mean sleepy time for Kali.

chat log @+/- 11:30AM:
achiche_00: (insert in-depth update about current game on NBA)
syrinx_628: (insert profane remarks about current game on NBA)
syrinx_628: (insert personal analysis on what happened)
syrinx_628: (insert more profanity due to frustration/awe)
3:50PM
achiche_00: buzz!
achiche_00: yoh
achiche_00: kagising ko lang. balita?

We're still on for our challenge, but it seems no one's getting close to losing anything. Maybe we're gonna change our challenge name to "The Least Gainer".

===================================================================

Random Blahs

I don't get my mom, I mean, how do I give the right answer??? Here's a taste:

Scenario 1:
Ma: San lakad mo?
Me: Kita po kami ni Che.
Ma: Ikaw talaga, parati na lang kayo magkasama, (insert more motherly ramblings about not having time for family, bugeting, and the future)

Scenario 2:
Ma: San lakad mo?
Me: Inuman po kami mga classmates sa Timog.
Ma: Kasama mo si Che?
Me: Ndi po.
Ma: Bakit? Magkaaway kayo? Ano nangyari? Bakit ayaw mo xa isama? (insert more insistence and joking manner of wringing out an answer from me)

Scenario 3: (And this actually happened once)
Ma: San ka nanaman galing?
Me: Nagkita kita po kami ng classmates ko
Ma: Kasama mo si Che?
Me: Ndi po.
Ma: Eh san ka pa nanggaling nyan?
Me: Jan lang sa mei Timog.
Ma: Ndi mo talaga kasama si Che? Bakit ndi mo kasama si Che? Magkaaway kayo??
Me: Ndi po.
Ma: Eh bakit di mo kasama? Nag-away nga kayo no?
Me: Tsk. Ndi nga. Sumunod na lang si Che dun, hinatid ko pa kaya natagalan ako.
Ma: Sabi ko na nga ba eh. Ikaw talaga, parati na lang kayo magkasama, (insert more motherly ramblings about not having time for family, bugeting, and the future)

Seriously man. Kumbaga sa test, multiple choice to na A to C pero D talaga ang sagot eh.
-----------------------
quote of the weekend: "Naninigurado lang, mabuti nang maingat" --> Master of "pag-iingat" Christian Diaz, 5minutes before saying "Sorry naman na wrong grammar, I'm not from a call center you know" aloud, right beside a table featuring the team of Pao and Ged... who both work in a call center.
-----------------------
Just now: TNT led the game all the way, not scoring less than 30pts every quarter. They dominated Barako Bull all the way. Until the last mins of the final quarter. 260+ points later, Barako Bull upsets TNT. And the PBA world just got rocked with another big upset.

41 comments:

  1. hindi sa hindi ko gusto yung siopao. gusto ko lang talaga ng malamig nung gabing yun. sulit ka din naman sa milkshake mo e. ka-combo ng siopao. salamat nga pala sa siopao, marella! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. special talaga si christian.. siya lang inantay natin nung araw na yun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kaya pala. si job pala yung ka-chat ko nun. :)) at tindi mo! heavyweight? wait til the first week of May. haha. welterweight na uli ako nun. hehe. kelan ba magtitimbangan uli. pacquiao fight?

    ReplyDelete
  4. chong. seryoso, akala ko un oreo milkshake un parang brown na inumin sa picture.=P buti nga ndi kami nag-ututan ni imon sa kotse pauwi eh. less words na si imon, pinapamadali na ko magdrive.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. tangna nya. nakakahiya kaya kei pao.=P

    ReplyDelete
  6. un ung panahon na nag-eemail xa.

    swak un 1st week of may, laban din ni pacman.=P by that time mei abs na ko. wahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  7. naki conti's pa kay aiane enuh? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. less words? hindi na lang kayo nagsasalita, pero nagaamuyan na lang kayo ng uh.. *toot*. haha. major eewness. :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. naki-conti's kako si aiane. 3 lang ata nakain ni aiane, si xtian tumira eh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. set na yan ah. weigh in tayo sa may 3. after pacman fight. :)
    which reminds me, wala pa bang passes si che? if ever wala, pa pay per view na lang tayo.

    then, after ng fight. magpapa-Dad's na kayo ni imon. biggest loser ako :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sana mei emoticon ng major eewness sa YM. haha...

    eto kasi eksena sa kotse:

    me: (insert kwento about what was.)
    imon: oo nga.
    me: (insert more kwento)
    imon: oo nga.
    me: so san na ta...
    imon: LIKO. liko mo jan.
    me: tapo...
    imon: OO. mamaya, kanan, tapos kaliwa agad.
    me: ah, kakaliwa agad di ba pdeng..
    imon: OO KALIWA. gago bilisan mo, natatae na talaga ko.

    di pa tumitigil kotse, nakahawak na sa handle eh. pagbaba, lakas ng pagsara ng pinto sabay talikod agad.. ambaho sa elevator nun... haha.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. di pa online si che, so ndi pa nya nababasa, antay natin comment xa, para "on record". wala tayo kasulatan eh. haha...

    lagay mo na rin dito un weight mo as of napag-usapan, which is week before nag weigh-in ako (1/27/09). na-cite mo un 240lbs ni lebron eh, so alam ko +/-200lbs ka.:p ako mei katibayan ako in form of Mercury Drug: 159lbs.=P

    you may be a loser at that time, but not a winner sa challenge.=P trash talk starts now, fatty.=P haha...

    pota, kun PPV tayo sa bahay ng kun sino, weigh-in tayo BEFORE pacman fight! para pde mag-pizza during.. haha...

    ReplyDelete
  13. ang tibay mo tlga voltz. grabe yan pala ginawa mo nung weekend. solid! zalamat talaga sa pagpunta. waqi we'll surely enjoy the bodysuits. :) super thanks! hope nag enjoy kau. til the first bday then! hehehe... (maghanda na ko ng vodka at tequila next time.hehe) thanks talaga!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahahahaha!

    lol. sabi ko nun, nahihiya ako kay lebron. kasi kung 6'8 siya, at 240lbs. ako 5'11, 200lbs. :)

    2weeks ago nag 190 na ako. e after, 2weekends at yung yumyum food pa kela arrah. ngayon siguro nasa 205 na ako. hahaha. mas mahiya ka, 159lbs? height mo? 5'6? mas hindi proportional. hehe. yung 5'11. ideal weight ay 175.

    ReplyDelete
  15. mercury drug: ideal weight for height = 151lbs.
    voltz weight = 159lbs.

    ideal weight for 5'11 = 175lbs?
    kali weight = 205lbs.

    mas hindi proportional?=P bobo ako sa math pero.... haha...

    ReplyDelete
  16. 7 days un suits, balitaan mo ko kun anu peyborit. haha..

    of course we did.=D 2/2 times.=P haha.. wag ka magpapaniwala kei xtian, masaya na kaming andun, kahit anu meron, ok lang.=P next time agahan namin para makarami sa putting, dadala na ko ng putter ko.. haha... dami pa naman kami barya nun.=P nahiya kami sa dami ng tao eh.. haha...

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahaha! ang cute ng story ng mom mo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Last Friday was supposed to be a lost day, but because the homo in Benjo longed to see the 1-week absent Imon, he disregarded the sleepless Friday he had because of his Philo paper, and called for a session at the last minute. "

    You can't deny true love.

    ReplyDelete
  19. nung bumibili ako nun naisip ko lang - pota ang hirap pa lang mamili ng damit ng bata. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  20. dapat sinulit natin pati mami. :p

    salamat mare :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. ch 2 or 3 din pala.


    hahahaha.

    saya ng trip na un pota.

    ReplyDelete
  22. tama.


    ang malupit dyan - ninong pala si Atty Diaz. :p

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha. ang mas malupit dyan. recycled ung regalo.

    christmas wrapper. :))

    ReplyDelete
  24. oo nga noh..christmas wrapper. di ko napansin yun. hahaha ang alam ko lang walang name yung gift. (pero alam naman ni ged na galing kay diaz)

    ReplyDelete
  25. ang cute cute kaya. salamat talaga. yikeee! marunong nang mamili!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ganun talaga pag gunning ka for bronze.=P

    ReplyDelete
  27. baka kasya kei ged un gift ni diaz? naghahanap xa ng regalo para kei waqi eh, feeling ko para sa kanya un gift, tpos nun mei nakapuna na mei dala xa, binigay na lang nya.. waahhahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  28. =)) the "friday sessions" is very well written. hehe...

    i just hope next time, i will not be as highly strung.

    the paper is still unfinished although the "snag" is slowly being removed. i miss college where the only thing i worry about are minor grammatical mishaps and irritating typographical errors. haay....

    more power to the friday group, though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. "more power to the friday group, though!!!"

    omfg i am old. i just associated that with That's Entertainment. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  30. hahaha....

    oo nga "po", di po ba sir"? (tawag sayo ng mga students ni marella.... well kung di sir, kuya....)

    "flippant" kasi masyado. i'm not sure who first called it that... but somebody did and i made the same association...

    GOSH.... i think i just admitted that i am old too...

    isipin na lang natin, it's our yayas' fault....

    ReplyDelete
  31. Think of happy thoughts! We will return to neverland ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  32. i can die peacefully now.

    benjo starting a sentence with "omfg" will have to be icing on this cake called life.

    ReplyDelete
  33. did you actually need the "that's entertainment" quip from benjo for you to realize that? haha...=P

    ReplyDelete
  34. not that i am denying it... i just don't want to confirm it by blurting it out loud.

    haha... anyway!!! beer on friday... my paper is done!

    (well, not entirely, but in the meantime, it is!)

    ReplyDelete
  35. pasensya na arrah kung bukas na yung regalo ni tian.

    kasi akala ko kung ano kasi nga iba yung wrapper. :p

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yes, my dear friend.

    Neverland is just a happy thought away.

    ReplyDelete