Sunday, February 10, 2008

And so it begins… Please Re-Post!!

[A proverbial clash between David and Goliath, a boy surrounded by bullies. It’s starting. Claims being denied left and right, being retracted at every turn. Our family desperately needs help. We need people to believe, we need people who will support us, and this is the only way I know how to reach out. So please, if you care enough, please repost this so that your circle of friends may be informed. For further information, please read my past blogs.]

 

Given another chance, I wouldn’t choose a testimony on a Friday. This gave palace officials a couple of days to prepare. If you could notice, right after the hearing and the press conference, the implicated persons were out of public’s sight. Instead, some others were made to appear in front of the media. Now, after two days, these are the things that are happening:

 

Media people were paid 500K to shut up. I received a text message. I could only speculate. But I’m afraid it might be true. During these times, I’m going to take it for what its worth. Hopefully, its not true. Hopefully, journalists and media people will stick to their principles and continue to uphold the truth and not compromise it for any monetary value. But let me share one article that may somewhat give justice to this claim:

 

An article in Pilipino Star Ngayon dated Feb 9 claimed that it was only Sen Enrile who gave the most “substantial” line of questioning by asking my uncle why he chose to stay with those people whom he knew were corrupt. The article further claimed that my uncle loses credibility by choosing to stay with the corrupt people and goes on to say that he himself is corrupt by his own admission. Sen Escudero said it best: only a thief can catch a thief. If someone stole your cellphone and you report it to the police, do you think it will be recovered? I highly doubt it. I would dare claim that they won’t even catch the guy who took it. But go ask your local bully who just happens to be your friend, and I’m sure that within seconds someone will say that it was “magically” brought to him by another person. If my uncle turned his back from that project that early, yes, it could have made his life easier. But then again, if he was not there, we’d be listening to the Arroyo – De Venecia family feud on our sets now, without knowing for certain who’s telling the truth and who’s speaking mere lies..

 

Military is funded P-6B. Again, I’m taking it for what it’s worth. To begin with, I don’t really trust the military. Other than Trillanes and the Magdalo group, I think they’re the President’s private army. Try to look at the past PNP and AFP chiefs. They are either retired well off, or still serving the government in some other capacity. Favors never ended for them. But again, this is speculation, my opinion. Besides, after my godfather was brutally murdered by the “intelligence” unit of the PNP and were punished by something a bit harsher than a slap at the wrist (the criminals, all police officers, got about 6 months suspension, my godfather’s family got I think around 5mil in compensation, and that’s about it.), they were back on the force, ready to make mistakes again.

 

Weird events. My cousin and my aunts are saying that a black Mitsubishi Adventure is roaming around their houses. Yesterday, I was to go to their house, but on the way, I say a black Crosswind seemingly lost. I tried to follow it, but it stopped at some house. To avoid suspicion, I went on my way. Earlier, as I was going home, this same Crosswind was coming into the village and went through the security gate, meaning they were not homeowners. Still, it was moving slowly. I might be paranoid, but again, I’m giving it the benefit of the doubt. Also yesterday, someone called up claiming to be from the Wheelers Club. For those who don’t know, it is a towing service which you apply membership for so that in case of any accident, they will tow your vehicle free of charge. My mother’s vehicle is a registered vehicle. Here’s how the conversation went:

 

Lady: is Ms Evangeline Lozada going to register the vehicle again? Her vehicle is a white Mitsubishi Lancer with plate number _ _ _ - _ _ _, right?

Sister: uh, yes?

Lady: Is your mother still using the vehicle?

Sister: no, she’s commuting. Who is this?

Lady: Uhm, this is Mila.

Sister: Mila who?

Lady: Mila Diaz.

Sister: Where are you from?

Lady: Uhm, this is from Towing.

Sister: Towing?

Lady: Yes, from the Wheeler’s club.

Sister: What branch?

Lady: E. Rod.

Sister: Do you have a phone number?

Lady: 0920…

Sister: Don’t you have a landline number for your office?

Lady: Uhm, wait. (pauses for a while, seemingly getting something) its (insert Wheeler’s Club number here)

 

This is why it’s weird. First, my mother’s membership isn’t due until July this year. What would be the reason behind someone calling about her membership? Next, why would anyone from the towing department call and ask about membership? Their job is to tow cars, not register people. Another thing, for registration purposes, why would you need to know if the person is still using the vehicle? I mean, why the hell should they care? They’re already paid and that payment is good until July, so what’s their business wanting to know how that car is right now? And finally, if she is an employee of the Wheeler’s club, why must she pause and look for a number for their own office? You can look Wheeler’s Club up in any yellow pages. Why is it that the first number that would come to her mind is her cellphone number? For official purposes, shouldn’t you give out your company’s own number?

 

Another call weird call was from someone from Days hotel, asking if my father was home. Asked why, he said he just wants to know if he’s here. Upon saying he isn’t the person on the other end said thanks, and put the phone down. Promos are common nowadays, but from Days hotel? Can anyone tell me if they got a call from them recently looking for a person and not saying why? My father isn’t a hotel person. At least, that’s what I know. At this particular time, I’d trust him more than the Days dude.

 

We may just be paranoid, but we’re not taking any chances.

 

Retractions and preparations. Abalos, on his initial interview, fumed when asked by a reporter his thoughts now that 3 people are implicating him on the ZTE deal. He lost his cool. Days after that incident, he appears in front of the media, saying that he is going to file a libel case against my uncle. Now, he has an alibi, a story he can tell the whole world, so he waited until after a couple of days before he could readily face the media. With all due respect to Benjamin, the mayor of Mandaluyong and son of the controversial Abalos, is one of the mayors I actually admire. I don’t know him, I am not from Mandaluyong, but I like him simply because he is a Bosconian. The four years of my life in Don Bosco Mandaluyong have been the most transformative in my life, simply because of the care of the Salesian priests. I have no doubt in my mind that he too is one of those people guided by the principles of the Salesians. I leave him to decide whether or not he will choose the truth over his family.

 

Gen. Razon, for his part, is still maintaining that he merely acted on my uncle’s request. He is still firm on saying that my uncle wrote to him asking for safety, because he fears for his life. Again, we ask, safety from what and from whom? The senate isn’t going to kill him. “Arrest” doesn’t mean he’s going to get killed, and we’re not dumb as to believing that something bad will happen to him at the senate. We are afraid of the administration and Abalos, and help from the PNP is the last thing that we’re going to ask for after what they did to my godfather, Uncle Jun’s brother. Razon initially claimed that records do not show a certain Roger Valeroso. However, a further search on their database revealed that this Valeroso was actually a former member of the PNP who is now with the DENR. A couple of points I want to question: Under what capacity can a mere SPO4 serve in the DENR? Yes, one may ask too, what is an official of the Forestry corporation doing in a broadband deal? Different talents may be in one person, which is why they serve in areas which are totally different from each other. But as my uncle said, one of his tasks was to “moderate their greed” which ultimately means allow greed, but not to blown up proportions. Could that be Mr. Valeroso’s task in the DENR? But then again, why is he being asked to run errand picking people up in the airport? Additionally, where is he? Why has he not appeared yet, and why is it that only his name is being surfaced, and not the person himself to prove his existence? And most importantly, Razon said that the PNP is just doing their duty of “securing” my uncle, and they have accomplished that mission since my uncle is now speaking in front of the public. However, if it were true that PNP personnel were the people who handled my uncle, why is it that Roger Valeroso is from the DENR? It’s problematic. He and Gen. Atutubo should’ve talked first before releasing a statement.

 

Speaking of Gen. Atutubo, has anyone seen or heard from him after Thursday? I haven’t. Maybe they’re still spanking him for speaking without coordinating. Palace officials and scriptwriters are now having a hard time trying to figure out how the abduction angle can be dispelled, because apparently, the written request and my Aunt’s supposed request are not yet enough for the people.

 

Sec. Neri, the dear friend my uncle seeks to protect out of “respect”, is not even supporting him, which is all the more demoralizing, for lack of a better term, for me personally. My uncle’s in a position where he can no longer turn back, so afraid or not, he should carry on. He’s been broken down in Hong Kong. On the account of people who were with him, there were times when he answers his cellphone and then his eyes just suddenly turns red. We want to show him that we’re still behind him, but personally, I’m feeling disappointed and afraid that this might lead to nothing because they’re ganging up on him.

 

Invoking rights. Let me get it right: according to the bill of rights, one has the right to invoke his right against self-incrimination. By invoking this right, one may not be persecuted by evidence that is from him. When Sen. Miriam Santiago was questioning my uncle, he could have very well invoked this right so as he would not be persecuted on his admittance. He didn’t, because he wasn’t going to hide anything (well, apparently, anything that does not involve Sec. Neri) from the public. Now, people from the government are filing a case against him because of his admittance of corruption. And you know why? Because “this government does not tolerate corruption.” Tell that to importers who continually pay people from customs so that they can go on with their business. Tell that to countless people who MMDA and traffic enforcers extort money from. Tell that to the general public. Tell that to the farmers who walked all the way from the province to air out their grievances to the government. And if they all say that statement is a fact, then I will concede that the President is in fact our savior, and no other person is fit to be in that position of power than her.

 

Funding. I could tell you this much: a couple of my cousins and I are discussing this situation, and we concede that if it were up to us, we would just shut up given the right amount, amounts that would make us all set until at least the next generation. I will not be a hypocrite who will say that I am an all-righteous person. I just want to live a quiet, simple life. That’s why I’ve been holding off law school even to this date. By doing all these, we’re being put at the very top of the most wanted list of the Leprechaun’s private army. It’s a tough company to go against. She has allies in all major departments of the country and she is the well-loved commander-in-chief of the military leaders. Accepting an amount is the easiest way to get out of this mess. But after my uncle’s testimony, how else can you retract after going this deep into it?

 

My uncle is doing this for the country, in honor of that great man who produced excellent people, my grandfather, Rodolfo Sr., or “Upoy” for the locals in Ligao, Albay. This country, as my uncle claimed, has done so much for our family. What he is doing now is the least he can do to repay this for this country and honor his father. I am just afraid that he may be “just another witness” to the very same people who he is trying to protect. To dispel the possibility of funding from the other side, I will wholeheartedly say that he is not motivated or funded by anyone from the opposition. To tell you frankly, my uncle’s not that poor to be bought at some price (unlike me and my cousins). While he was in Hong Kong, he was telling my father that he doesn’t want to talk to Sen. Lacson anymore because it seems that he is using him for his political ambitions in 2010. He wanted his family to be the ones who would fetch him from the airport because he doesn’t want to be linked to any opposition senator, as it might give the wrong impression.

 

Personal knowledge is all we have. Should there be any actual evidence, I personally would not know of it. However, I can attest that everything he said in the senate about his involvement in the ZTE deal is true due to the fact that it is the same story we’ve heard countless times before. And that is all we have. That is the only stone that we could throw at the Goliath we are going up against. I implore you people, please make your voices heard. Please pass this on. Let more people know so that they will not be confined to what they hear or see on the different media that present news. Our involvement in this mess won’t make us rich. It won’t make my uncle the president of this country. National recognition may be inevitable, but what more can it give you than celebrity status, and how in the hell can it improve his lifestyle? We gain nothing big from this mess. So please, help this David out and spread the truth before Goliath completely annihilates him and make him just another page in their book of lies.

27 comments:

  1. ang natural na magsinungaling ni Mike Defensor... Friday morning, he said: "sabi sa kin ni Jun, pare, tulungan mo ko, ayoko talaga pumunta sa senado, di ko yata kaya... Nagulat na lang ako ngaung bigla syang sumama sa senado"

    This morning, ang banat na nya: "Nung pinuntahan ko nga sya nun sa La Salle, ang sabi nya sa kin di ko yata kaya, pero mukhang pupunta na ko sa senado bukas ng mga 1:30..."

    Evidence for the first could be from listeners (or recording) of Mike Enriquez last Friday, while evidence for the second could be from listeners (or recording) of Ted and Korina this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in support of your uncle. I blogged about it already in my main blog. Will post your site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks.. much appreciated... and hopefully, more do too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your uncle is one brave man, God bless him and your family too. Don't worry, the truth will all set us free. Free from the Leprechaun and her army.

    I'll spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have my prayers too. for truth and justice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I saw your post in elvert's blog. Just want to encourage you and your family to keep strong. Your uncle has my admiration for being willing to stick to the truth.

    And yes, some of those stupid senators just want to show off and divert the issue. I followed the inquiry last Monday over the radio on the way to the meeting and I heard Joker Arroyo's line of questioning.

    Man, what a crap-ass he is...we're talking about kidnapping and corruption worth billions and he's piddling about "trifling with the writ of habeas corpus and amparo"...crap-eating pharisee...

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks..

    i hope you understand tagalog for the sake of my next post...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oo naman. Ako ay Pilipino...(ready, sing!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Atienza is just gloria's lapdog. He gets rewards for being sooooo obedient.

    Gloria: Here boy, here boy...Good boy (pats Atienza on the head). Here's a bone for you. (Gives DENR post).

    ReplyDelete
  10. sir i link ko po sa blog ko.. sana'y magkaroon na ng pakialam ang ibang pilipino. nakapnghihinayang kaseng mabalewala ang pagsasakripisyo ng uncle mo at ng inyong pamilya.. God bless to sir jun and your family..

    ReplyDelete
  11. count me in!il post this on my site..im in support of your family as well..keep safe..and ur right, u shudnt take chances..God Bless..

    ReplyDelete
  12. buti nalang nagpost ka nito. :)

    WILL DEFINITELY BLOG THIS! people around the world need to know what's happening about this issue-- the real thing about this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  13. pare, saludo ako sa uncle mo. i'll be praying for your whole family's safety.

    ReplyDelete
  14. for freedom. i will spread the word.

    God protects those who are persecuted for the sake of the truth and righteousness.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please extend to your uncle and your family that we, the ordinary people of this country believed in his sincerity. We know he's not a saint, we know he might have gained something during the last few years that he was in government, but who didn't gain anything one way or another?? Corruption is considered a normal process in this country, just go out the street and be caught by a traffic enforcer, go re-new your licenses, go to cityhalls, BIR offices...who are we fooling??? Even the one questioning your uncle.....I seriously challenge them to say that they never gained anything from the corrupt system of this government. Even though he's being referred to as "Reluctant Hero"....We still believe that he did what is right....Our prayers goes to him, his family, your family....

    ReplyDelete
  16. and again, we thank you for all your support and we appreciate all your prayers and well-wishes... another hearing tomorrow with abalos there in the senate... its gonna be fun hearing another fairy tale... haha...

    ReplyDelete
  17. wishing for your family's safety, voltaire. what your uncle did was a brave and dangerous thing. Saludo ako sa kanya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. my prayers are with your uncle and your whole family. I may be million miles away from our country but I support the truth and despise the corruption in the government! Let the truth set us all free and our beloved Phillipines!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i don't know where you are, but knowing that this is reaching a "million miles away", i'm happy to know that Filipinos from afar are still concerned of things happening here... i hope you repost some of these blogs, especially my uncle's letter, so that more people from afar would know the situation in our country, and let the buzz for truth not be confined in this country alone... with more and more people seeking truth, hopefully, this administration would submit to the light...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes it was. And with people like you who believe in him and salute him, I do think that he's feeling all this is worth it...

    Funny thing though, bravery was once rewarded. Now, it seems the government is persecuting it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. nawala na si joker sa senate hearing, wah ko na sya sight ever...

    si nene pimentel, buti nag-appear na, go nene go

    wala pa din si migs.... nasaan kaya ang malandi?

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's because doing "brave thing" is actually done at their expense and demise. I hope that what your uncle did would reap and destroy the weeds that suck the life out of our country.

    ReplyDelete