Tuesday, February 12, 2008

wanna know something? AN INVITATION TO EVERYONE

My uncle's office in Fort Bonifacio was ransacked by NBI agents, same people who worked with the people who were "protecting" my uncle, and who "accomplished their mission" with my uncle "alive and well". Additionally, another uncle of mine brought a couple of documents requesting for documents from the office of the Philippine Forest Corporation so that they may be able to use it in filing a case of graft against my uncle because of his own admission in the senate that he too, made some deals that favored him (my thoughts about this can be read in my earlier blogs)...

Wanna know something? I'm afraid. I watch and hear the news. I talk to people, from tricycle to jeepney to fx to taxi drivers to co-commuters and colleaguess. Those who know me are well-wishers. Some who give their honest opinion sometimes say that after all is said and done, GMA will still be where she is, and we can go on with our merry little lives again until another controversial happening erupts to distract it anew. Administration senators are appealing to the public that this hearing is but a waste of  time. People are tired of going out of the streets. People are tired of listening to witnesses who later retract their claims. People are tired of investigations implicating the palace but later will end up with nothing. People already know, as per common knowledge, that the government as a whole is corrupt. People all want change, but they feel that change does not want to happen.

I'm afraid because after all these are said and done, I don't know what will happen to us. Who knows, maybe these are the last few days that we can get together as a family on our dining table. Who knows, maybe 2 weeks ago was the last tong-its session that we would have with genuine laughter and joy. Who knows, maybe my close classmate's birthday would be the first among the rest of the birthdays I will not be able to attend.

THIS IS MY PLEA TO ALL. I know it sounds cliche, and I know I've been making fun of this ever since, but, let's join the cause of the Makati Business Club on FRIDAY, FEB 15 AT AYALA. I heard it was at  4PM, but who knows, it might be earlier. I will work for half of my day on Friday but should it happen earlier, I will be there and will choose not to work. If you'd rather not go to Ayala, as what your beliefs tell you, please, then, join us in prayer IN A MASS AT THE DE LA SALLE GREENHILLS GYM ON SUNDAY, FEB 17. I cannot promise you seats, as I don't even know if we do, but please, don't let this hinder you. There may be too many people to deal with, but its better to be "too many" than if there are none.

These two events, as I've heard from the thoughts of the organizers, are the BAROMETER(s) OF FILIPINOS' CARE FOR THIS COUNTRY.The Makati Business Club, explained to us by my dad, claimed that they have been calling for GMA's resignation for such a long time, it just never seems to materialize because people won't support it. Now, we'll see how it works out.

I don't want to post titles with the same words, hence, it appears as it does now. But again, I CALL FOR PEOPLE TO RE-POST this so that more people will know and will join the cause. Let the places overflow.

I don't have power, as I mentioned before, all I have with me are my hands, computer , and my accounts. I can only blog. Should you be in any or both of those events, I want to extend as much help as I can to you to show my appreciation, so that even if you choose to come alone, I would want you to join me and my group. If your parents or people you live with are against you coming, but you want to join this cause, let me be your companion. Just please, come and show support in this different manner. PM me for contact details.

LET THE WORLD KNOW THAT YOU STILL CARE FOR THIS COUNTRY! LET THE VENUES OVERFLOW!

10 comments:

  1. yeah, ive heard the news earlier..he was interviewed over the radio. im listening to dzbb at around 930am. he was interviewed by ted and korina. ive heard that nbi agents swoop on your uncle's office in taguig..and he mentioned that these nbi agents took some documents from the office. isnt it obvious that theyre just clearing up their way, theyre trying to get all the evidences from your uncle. situations like this makes me feel so pissed. grrr. ive got a lot on my mind.
    grrr. nothing much, just sharing my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, ive heard the news earlier..he was interviewed over the radio. im listening to dzmm at around 930am. he was interviewed by ted and korina. ive heard that nbi agents swoop on your uncle's office in taguig..and he mentioned that these nbi agents took some documents from the office. isnt it obvious that theyre just clearing up their way, theyre trying to get all the evidences from your uncle. situations like this makes me feel so pissed. grrr. ive got a lot on my mind.
    grrr. nothing much, just sharing my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and your thoughts are very much welcome... yeah, i mean, it is a government office, and they are from the government, after all, but why the hell? there are no documents there that would further support his testimony on the broadband deal, since it is the Philippine Forest Corporation, and is no way connected to that... similarly, the deal is just the same as the deal that you make with the MMDA officer who apprehended you for whatever violation: there are no receipts. clearly, these people swooped on his office to gather documents that would incriminate my uncle for admitting his guilt... and it's sad to think that these people who don't admit their greed are not being persecuted... its just wrong....

    ReplyDelete
  4. voltz. si fr timoner na vice-rector for religious affairs, nagpost na ng note sa mga offices na magdasal para kay mr. jun lozada. alam ko dasal lang ang nasa note, di ko rin alam kung may gagawing mas radikal para mapakita ang tunay na paninindigan natin (wish ko, may lumabas na press release for a moral stand), pero given that, malaking bagay na rin yun.

    hangad nating lahat ang nakabubuti at ang katotohanan. at dahil mahal kitang advisee, hangad ko ang iyong kaligtasan.

    - ma'am =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salamat po, ramdam ko ang malasakit, at oo nga, sana mei mas radikal pa... Wala nang babalikang trabaho ang tito ko matapos to, humihingi sila ng tulong, tulad ng tulong na iniaabot ng ilang sektor ng lipunan: piso para kei Jun Lozada... kung may mailulunsad rin po sanang ganito, napakalaking tulong po nito...

    ReplyDelete
  6. sis inform mo ko pag my blog c voltaire...pospost ko din

    ReplyDelete
  7. taire, inform mo ko agad pag may mga ganito kang gawa ha...popost ko at ikakalat ko sa office namin at sa mga accounts ko

    ReplyDelete
  8. pag mei bagong gimik ang palasyo, expect me to write something about it... i try my best to make something everyday kasi everyday meron bago gimik un unanong mei nunal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was very indifferent about philippine politics, always thinking it was a lost cause, but because of your uncle that dormant hope that this country may be able to start fresh was awakened within me.
    I'm always constantly in a state of fear that the 'powerful ones' will bully the honest ones into retreat, and my prayer is for your uncle to remain steadfast and faithful that those who do what is right will be rewarded, NO MATTER WHAT. The way I see it, using his voice is already win-win, regardless of the outcome...if he stays strong to his testimony. At the end of this all, beyond politics, money, power, our only real authority is the Lord, and with what Jun Lozada has done, he is living proof that a God-driven heart can still exist in this world. Wealth and power have become barometers of humanity in a world like this, but your uncle, in what he's done, may just be the spark we all need. Trust that his struggle is not in vain, if only for the many hearts he has touched, the many hopes he has rebuilt.
    I will continue to pray for him and your family. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you, and please show your support by joining the cause of the youth at different venues... i'll make a new post on that...

    ReplyDelete